Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of a BOV on an Auto? I have seen pics of BOV's where people get them put on the hard pipes but I thought that the stock BOV was on the opposite side of the car. Can anyone tell me where to go to find out more about the BOV? I've been to MKIV and they didnt have anymore info. Thanx in advance

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been trying to find some pictures also. I have seen one where a HKS SSBOV was placed where the traction control unit was. That's the picture that I am trying to find.
If anyone has that picture please post.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have a 94 Auto TT with the HKS SSBOV. My car is getting a body kit and BPU right now so I won't have pics for another 2 weeks or so. I can tell you that the BOV is on the passenger side sorta close to the intercooler piping and turbos. It is no where near the trac control. I'll post a pic when I get my car back.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have an auto, but single turbo, I have a HKS SS BOV and it is mounted on a hardpipe coming from the turbo into the stock IC. Being BPU, you could fab a hard pipe to replace the top IC rubber hose coming from the turbos and mount your BOV there. Also this would alow you to keep you stock BOV as well.
Good luck
SH
T78

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here is a pic of where the factory BOV is located.

And here is where is where I put my HKS SSQV BOV on my HKS Type-S FMIC hardpipe. See Attachement.

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Do most people keep their stock BOV? If not, what do they do? Remove the old BOV and just connect the hoses?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
In my HKS SSBOV kit I bought from MVP they gave me new hoses and plugs for the places where they are needed. The install is really simple.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would leave the stock one alone. I kept mine when I added a HKS SS bov. It's in nearly the same location as HoustonSC300, except I put mine on the bottom of the hardpipe so it would not restrict airflow to my tranny cooler located in the stock intercooler location. I love the sound of this bov!

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sweet. Well, to add a non related subject, I recieved my HKS Titanium exhaust today which I ordered from www.horsepowerfreaks.com and let me tell you...WOW!!! I am waiting for the RMM downpipe that I ordered now so I can put it all on at once. If anyone is interestd, I'll post some pics of it while its on the lift when Im done. PEACE!! If you get the chance to visit the site, do it. Chris who is charge there is really cool.

EDIT: Is that the HKS Super Sequential BOV?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts