Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my friend have a MKIV bolted to the bone that is almost finish and is looking for BOV's setups I want to know wich ones are recomended here in the comunity and wich ones he should stay away from?

Wich setup will be good for 700-800 HP, what have work for you guys ?

Comments will be more than welcome

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have heard that the hks racing BOV and Tial are some of the best for that power.
Or I have heard of others using 2Bovs. Like 2 hks ssqBov or 2 blitz bovs.
Im sure others will chime in.

·
Banned
865 Posts
Twin HKS SSQV's work well, I've seen them in person and they sound amazing when paired up.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Tial.. One would probably work fine with 700-800HP, Im running dual Tials based on a shop recommendation that if going for over 1000HP, 2 would be better. For the time being I only need 1, but went ahead and put both on so I wouldnt have to take the pipe to have flanges welded twice.

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
I have 2 Blitz BOV's on my car and I plan on making well over 800 horsepower within the next month or so.

Dusty at MVP had 2 blitz on his setup also which made over 700+ on the old setup.

·
Registered
814 Posts
i have twin HKS SSQV on mine n they sound very good paired up together...the car before me that i bought the setup (3row/4row piping/2 ssqvs) had over 800+rwhp n apparantly never had a problem.

·
Single Turbo
711 Posts
I'd choose 2 HKS SSQV's

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
I've just upgraded from 1x SSQV to 1xTial, haven't put it all back together yet though. Was going to have to get a new flange for the SSQV anyway as my old piping was steel and my new is alloy.

The Tial cost me as much as a second SSQV would of anyway, plus I've sold the old one. Was very surprised at how cheap a 50mm v-banded tial was at the end of the day, although it might of been a special through the distributor.

If I didnt' go with the Tial I would of purchased the HKS Type II racing.

Dan.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Ive run the racing hks bov, the twin ssqbov's, and the tial. All work well. You wont have a problem any way you go. Twin SSQbov's were more responsive though and sound far better. Tial is slower with less sound. Though I kind of like that these days.

Thats my .02 as Ive run the 3 above and over 6 hks ssqbov's have been on my car since I first owned it. :)

Also have all of them in stock if you need one, just let me know.

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, printed all responses and told my friend about the concence here, Thanks to everyone for the imput,

Looking for used ones and prices if anyones is selling them , he will prefer

1) 2 SSQV Used if posible
2) 1Tial Used or
3) 2 Blitz used

Obiwan, pm me the price for 1 new Tial to give him the option [email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts