Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out everyones opinion on all the different BOVs. So let me know what type of single turbo you have, which BOV that you have and if it is holding up well.
I just went single (TSO4) and I have a Blitz SSBOV with a second one on the way. The 1 bov I have doesn't seem to do the job. I don't have a smooth pssssssssssstttt sound.......it is more like pssstttttpssssttpssttt. (backpressure) Am I the only one that has this problem with blitz or do all singles have 2 blitz bovs?

thanks ahead of time! :D

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
On my black car i had the PHR stage 2+ kit with 2 HKS SSBOV's and they worked great...

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
im going with the hks racing bov type 2 with my single!

W

·
0 Posts
When I went through the same exercise, I chose a HKS Racing BOV Type 2. You can also use 2 HKS SSQV's.

I've heard very mixed reviews from Greddy type R's, mostly that the line between leaks and compressor surge is too thin to really tune it.

·
10,459 Posts
wizard_of_oz
how do you like teh hks type 2 bov and how does it sound ???

W

·
0 Posts
I have the BOV, but it's not installed yet. I have a lot of parts that are waiting for me to assemble a fuel system...

·
10,459 Posts
lol same here!
wizard_of_oz said:
I have the BOV, but it's not installed yet. I have a lot of parts that are waiting for me to assemble a fuel system...

Y

·
0 Posts
I have a t72 with one blitz bov. I get a smooth pssssshtttt every time. couldnt hear any flutter. I think I need another one though even though I only run 1.4bar most of the time.

Which sounds better twin blitz bovs or the HKS racing?

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
I really hope the racing type II works well. I know one supra in town that replaced his with a TIAL. There happened to be "compression surge" with his type II. Anyone else experience the same problem?

·
10,459 Posts
i went withthis one since sp and phr recomend it !

·
Registered
222 Posts
bovs

I think the Type-R is only rated to 550rwhp each, so if you have a big turbo and run race gas you'll need 2..
Also, my experience with all single cars is that they ALL seem to make the same sound regardless of which BOV you're running. The Blitz SS on the stock twins sounds nothing like it on the single. The apex'i sounds identical to the blitz when they are on a single car. I think it's because the noise is from the turbo going back into the intake. I've heard a car w/ 2 of the new Blitz's and they flutter as well, but also make the nice pshhhhhhhhhhh sound. I will eventually go w/ one big racing BOV, most likely the HKS Type II.
good luck

M

·
0 Posts
Not sure Roger N......

Jarrett included the Greddy Type R with my PHR Stage 2 kit, not sure about 550rwhp rating, but the PHR Stage 2 is capable of low 600's. Are you talking about the type S? And as for compressor surge, I never experienced any that I know of.....also I'm sure the BOV's are boost related anyway, they don't even see the HP nor do they care.......you don't want your BOV leaking while you're trying to build boost to make that HP :D.....

Melvin

·
Registered
222 Posts
bov

Hey Melvin, what's up! Yea I don't know where I heard of the RWHP rating for the bovs, but I know they are limited to a certain psi. I don't understand that b/c I read that the "TYPE-S" is good for like 30psi! No one uses ONE type-s on their single.

M

·
0 Posts
Yep....

Sup Roger, how's that beast running?

Almost information overload...it's a learning process for me too..and it's more to it than just holding the boost too....

Melvin

·
10,459 Posts
Re: Yep....

yea i hear ya my brain is in overload mode have to put it in safe mode now!:D

·
More torque than you
120 Posts
Re: Not sure Roger N......

I'm sure that the Greddy Type R is more than capable of flowing 700hp and holding 30+psi. Look at one closely, it's one of the biggest bov's out there. The plunger in the type R is pretty big as well as the inlet and outlet. And it doesn't make any of those gay multitone whistling sounds like some other bov.

·
Banned
945 Posts
Re: bov

rnitto said:
I read that the "TYPE-S" is good for like 30psi! No one uses ONE type-s on their single.
Talk to Saad...

This thread is pretty misinformed. If the BOV is blowing off *quickly* and holding boost, it's doing it's job. Period.

Also, I don't know where the idea of horsepower limits has come from. The GReddy Type R BOV is one of the largest on the market.

·
10,459 Posts
from the mvp site
Greddy Type-R Blow-Off-Valve with Stiff Spring
If you are moving extreme amounts of air through your turbo, this could be the BOV for you. It includes a stiff spring so that you don't have to worry about leaking. Supports up to roughly 550rwhp, if you are making over that then you will need 2 of them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts