Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bov doesnt make any sound, but there is a weird sound when i let of the throttle...kinda like air that is getting backed up, so is there a problem with the bov or something else?

btw,i checked the vac lines , everything is hooked up that i can see

-brad

G

·
That sounds odd if you check both ends of the vacuum line and saw that they are connected correctly, go back again and inspect the line for any damages or small cuts/slices. If the problem still occurs open up the BOV and inspect the spring.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was already hooked up and working perfectly since i have owned the car, so i know its not hooked up wrong

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going to open it up tonight, what should i look for as far as something being wrong with the spring

·
Banned
7 Posts
I have seen many very corroded (don’t ask me how they get that way that is still a mystery to me) just basically check to see if every thing is in good running order. If you said every thing was ok on the vacuum line then this would be my last resort of trouble shooting. If everything seams to be fine then once again it has to be some were in the line a BOV is a very simple working part and not very many thing go wrong with it 1. The vacuum is not working correctly. 2. The internal components have failed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took the bov apart and i looks just fine.... i also checked the vac line and its fine, so im stumped....

-brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts