Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love the sound of a BOV. thats the main reson i bought a supra. my question is what is the LOUDEST BOV made for an aout MKIV?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
bigAsupra said:
i love the sound of a BOV. thats the main reson i bought a supra. my question is what is the LOUDEST BOV made for an aout MKIV?
The main reason you bought your MKIV was because of the BOV sound. OMG, please sell your car now.
 

·
//gwailo-
Joined
·
828 Posts
Re: Re: Bov

VeilsideTT said:
The main reason you bought your MKIV was because of the BOV sound. OMG, please sell your car now.
:eek:

:agreed:

BTW: Did you get the supercharged model or the V8? ;)

//gwailo-
 

·
-Getting High on KAI-
Joined
·
272 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Bov

GwailosuprA said:
:eek:

:agreed:

BTW: Did you get the supercharged model or the V8? ;)

//gwailo-
:rolleyes: Of course he got the supercharged one, so he can hear the BOV all the time, even at idle point...:whip:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
lol i have to say theyre right dude... if u bought a supra simply for the sound of a bov u have some issues to work out... but to answer your question... i believe the loudest is turboxs rfl there are quite a few members on the forum who have it.. and they can probably tell you that its a loud beast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,559 Posts
I bought my MKIV because i like the way the stock amped looks underneath the passenger seat.


But anyway, I have the RFL BOV on my car and i can assure you its the loudest BOV currently made. I can make people shit there pants walking on the side of the road. And add to that , that the BOV is vented 1" from the vent on the TRD hood..... Its VERY loud.
 

·
Team 10+ Year Member
Joined
·
3,510 Posts

·
Evil Shenanigans
Joined
·
623 Posts
Dude, why wouldnt you just get some beater Eclipse GS-T, then you could spend all your money on a sweet ass BOV!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that was NOT just the reason i bought my supra. everyone i knew before i bought my car never had a turbo or supercharged car. one day i was in my freinds corvette and there was a black supra TT next to us. we raced and he smoked us really bad, and all i heard was a loud swoosh between every shift. and that was the nicest sound i heard when he was pullin away. then i stared to research on supras. i didnt know what a supra was till i saw one that day. i never cared about cars, until i saw that supra then. i do have a turbo xs RFL BOV, but its not that loud. i thought there might be something better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,559 Posts
bigAsupra said:
that was NOT just the reason i bought my supra. everyone i knew before i bought my car never had a turbo or supercharged car. one day i was in my freinds corvette and there was a black supra TT next to us. we raced and he smoked us really bad, and all i heard was a loud swoosh between every shift. and that was the nicest sound i heard when he was pullin away. then i stared to research on supras. i didnt know what a supra was till i saw one that day. i never cared about cars, until i saw that supra then. i do have a turbo xs RFL BOV, but its not that loud. i thought there might be something better.
Something is wrong with your BOV then. Everyone knows im coming befor they even see my car, or even here the exhaust. Even whenever someone else drove my car, i could hear the BOV perfect form 3 blocks away, and that was with only about 10psi behind it. Whenever i let 18+psi out of it...... it will make you sqint your eyes even though you know its coming. Almost like someone about to shoot a gun by you.
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
Man, I am GLAD i didnt get that BOV, if you have to get prepared for your BOV to vent, then it's WAY!!! too loud!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,559 Posts
Ckanderson said:
Man, I am GLAD i didnt get that BOV, if you have to get prepared for your BOV to vent, then it's WAY!!! too loud!
i dont understand this "way too loud' ?? Those words do not compute in my brain.
 

·
You serious?
Joined
·
2,999 Posts
:bsflag: This thread is............Full of Shit!!!
 

·
-Getting High on KAI-
Joined
·
272 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
i dont understand this "way too loud' ?? Those words do not compute in my brain.
I was thinking the ecxat same thing... can The car sound too loud :scratch: ... ;)
 
Y

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
hey leave bigasupra alone...he is the best kid in the world..and you know what he knows a lot about supras he didnt mean to say that cause he loves his car so much ,...he knows what he owns....he only drives it once a year..be nice to my friend guys ...come on...
 

·
Previously Premier Panda
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
I bought my MKIV because i like the way the stock amped looks underneath the passenger seat.
My 1600watt amp and my 1000watt amp are both mounted under the seats :D
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top