Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best BOV out there..and a good price and where to get it..i want a good sounding BOV..

·
Registered
183 Posts
i picked up a hks ssqv for 240, im still waiting on it though

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
Blitz SS all the way, totally obnoxious i love it

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
^ haha. I personally have the TurboXS RFL (really fucking loud) pretty much sums it up. A lot of ppl don't like it, but I've never had a problem with it. If id have to get a new one, probably the Greddy Type S would be my pic. Back in the day in the Multimedia section when it had sound clips of all the different BOV's the one withe the type s and hard pipes sounded the nicest to me.

BTW The search button comes in handy also. :hsugh:

N

·
0 Posts
*BLacK SuPrA GTE* said:
Two words: stock bypass.. The best bang for the buck. :)
until you get more than 12 psi, it sucks after that

i got some serious compressor surge at 10-12 psi on a brand new stock bypass valve.

went with a SSQV, never had problems again

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have the HKS SSQV, sounds good, but for some reason it takes 10-15 mins of driving to 'warm up' enough to work. If I boost any at all from 1 psi to 7 psi (still running stock boost) I get compressor surge, but after it's warmed up, I get the chirp/woosh at any boost lvl. It's annoying because I drive really slow to avoid building boost, making small 'test runs' of 1 - 2 psi to see if it's working yet or not.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Revolver, how old is your hks? I have one of the old school kind, with the vacuum attachment pointing up, so when I would close my hood, it pinched the vacuum line... So it caused major compressor surge... I took the four screws out of the back and rotated it so my vacuum attachment was facing to the side now...

As for the HKS SSQV, you can pick them up for $150'ish... If you know where to look...

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
HKS SSQV is the way to go. If you do some real research you'll find out why. Look into how it works, vs. how all the others work and there will be no other BOV for you.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have the old school hks myself...but it clunked out yesterday on me..i am thinking of going for the greddy type s

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Boosting89 said:
i have the old school hks myself...but it clunked out yesterday on me..i am thinking of going for the greddy type s
Dont get the Type S. Save your money and get a good one like the current HKS or the Blitz. As was said earlier, if you do your research and see how each of them function, you will see the the HKS and Blitz are far superior to the Type S. That thing is a better paper weight than BOV. I went through three myself. Save yourself the trouble and get a good one.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
seems like the hks sequential is getting a very good rating here..i think i will do what trent said and go with the hks or the blitz..most likely the hks ..right now

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have the new one, the vacuum feeds through the top (looking at it reading the "HKS") and isn't being pinched. I've tried following the line to see if there was a leak or kink or something somewhere but found nothing. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts