Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited when I got home like a little kid during Christmas.

·
Team Shiftpoint
228 Posts
It's better then Christmas, unless your parents bought you turbo kits.....

·
Registered
744 Posts
Nice! What made you choose the T78 though? Seems like most people now go for the more modern turbo's? Great kit though, I bet your just dying to throw that thing on.

·
Registered
284 Posts
t78 owner here.
Was possibly looking to get rid of it but may try to hold on and add some other goodies to help out where I'd like.Pref a Tune.
Kit + wastegate sounds Awesome I do know that.

Congrats

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ya I'm really looking forward to that external wastegate. I saw you post man. With an aem and some good tuning you could squeeze some more power out of that turbo. Not to mention what it will do on race gas and high boost.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,886 Posts
Nice! What made you choose the T78 though? Seems like most people now go for the more modern turbo's

that was my exact question. I am now in the market for a kit and it gets a lil difficult choosing one.my goal is at 600 so its a lil easier to figure it out the size but the brand is the issue.

ricky

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well tons of guys I talked to are making 620-650rwhp with the 78 kit, fuel, tuning and cams.

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
Congrats! We all know that giddy feeling when new parts arrive. Its great.

That looks like a heavy box. Good thing nothing came in broken. I know you've been talking about this for a bit. I bet you cant wait to drive that car singled.

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats! We all know that giddy feeling when new parts arrive. Its great.

That looks like a heavy box. Good thing nothing came in broken. I know you've been talking about this for a bit. I bet you cant wait to drive that car singled.
Ya the box was 76 pounds. I didn't realize how heavy turbo's were that thing was pretty heavy when I picked it up. Ya I've had the supra almost a year finished up some of the BPU mods I was planning on maxing out the twins but I finally just gave in. It's going to be awhile before I put the kit on though because I'd rather do the fuel, aem and tuning all at the same time as the install.

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Lol- sexy, sexy! Daddy like!! :drool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wish I had that feeling, maybe in a year or so:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts