Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What numbers have you guys gotten at BPU level at the track running pump gas on street tires not drag radials??? Im talking stock tire inflation as well. Im looking for numbers that would be equivalent to how the car would be on the street. Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ken, I ran 12.7 @115 this past November on like a 40 degree day. Crappy little track in Jersey called Island Dragway. First try at BPU. My car is a 94 6 speed on 255/40/ZR17 Sumitomos. I did drop the pressure to 21 or so psi and was running 5 gallons of 105 octace along with 1/2 tank of 93 octane. Full weight car, even had headlight in. Not super fast or anything, but that was also with crappy to so-so 2.11 60 ft time. So,, almost as close to street conditions as you can get.

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: mervinnn ]

·
3,148 Posts
I ran 12.601 @ 115.45 in street trim. This was with a 2.19 60'. My car is a 6-speed.

Later, Steve

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ran a 12.9 at 113 with a 2.2 60ft and at
80 F and about 97% humidity! if i could get some decent weather and pull headlight plus race gas i think a 12.6 is possible. oh yeah and i have an auto.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Considering many of us run drag radials all the time on the street, that's kinda silly. ;) At just BPU, my best pass was [email protected] on drag radials, which again, I run most of the time during the summer on the street. Without drag radials, last pass I made was with just a downpipe, and that was a [email protected] on all season tires in the rear.

-Pete

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
At BPU:

13.1 @ 112/113 mph, pump gas/street tires

12.49 @ 117 mph, 104 octane/same street tires, 275/35 18 yoko sports

I'm obviously getting a lot of timing retard and can really feel the difference with 104. Just need to figure out how to get the same results with 93. Taking donations for a SP63 ;)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
12.62 @ 117.15 mph :eek:
2.22 60' :mad:
street tires at 30-35 psi
1.23 bar peak
1.46 r/t :mad:
2gal 103 octane+4 gal 93 octane
80-85 degrees in texas at Rivercity

[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: dmora ]

·
Buys too many toys...
94 Posts
Originally posted by mervinnn:
<STRONG>Ken, I ran 12.7 @115 this past November on like a 40 degree day. Crappy little track in Jersey called Island Dragway. First try at BPU. My car is a 94 6 speed on 255/40/ZR17 Sumitomos. I did drop the pressure to 21 or so psi and was running 5 gallons of 105 octace along with 1/2 tank of 93 octane. Full weight car, even had headlight in. Not super fast or anything, but that was also with crappy to so-so 2.11 60 ft time. So,, almost as close to street conditions as you can get.

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: mervinnn ]</STRONG>
yo mervinn you go to island dragways! although i'm out in chicago at school now I go to island often on friday nights for street legal when i'm home over the sumemer. i love that place, yeah the track and area aren't he best, but 20$ to race as much as you want is pretty good.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, I am a moonlighting member of the NE MKIV Supra club and that's where they go. There is also a little track out here on the end of Long Island (where I live) too.

·
Buys too many toys...
94 Posts
i remember the week after i left to go back to school last year my buddies told me they saw like 7 supras there and figured you guys were having a meet. you gonna be going back sometime soon? i will be home in a few weeks and wouldn't mind getting a chance to talk to ya more about the club and what to look for when i finally find the car i want. thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey rmani, look in my profile for my e-mail address. If you have any questions or anything feel free to mail me. I want to be a little more involved with the club this year as I have been kinda in the shadows. They are a good bunch of guys, they just went road racing last weekend and I missed it, hopefully next time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts