Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VID:

http://www.ridonkulous.com/videos/[email protected]

Took the car to the track for the first time this season. Had some traction issues but overall was a fun night.

This run was with a 2.0 60' time so I def have some room to improve. The goal is to hopefully bang out an 11 this year.

Mods are BPU w/FMIC 6 spd in TTC.

Run was against a modded 5.0 stang. He jumped a few carlengths but I ended up getting him. Was nice to whoop up on a trailered in car :)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Nice runs! Definitely can improve.

But I saw this black Supra with black wheels today on commonwealth avenue. He was right behind him when I was taking a let turn, but it sounded like he had the stock twins still. He honked but when I looked he was going around me. Was that you?

Edit: I just saw the video. MY BAD!! But nice run none theless. :)

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
A trailered 13 sec car, seems somewhat depressing. I joined a local svt board just to comment on a cobra owner talking out of his ass.

//
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlur
Those Supras are monsters! They run, with 800-1000rwhp, like 13.9's @ 215mph....I just don't get those things, if they're not racing on a highway, they are absolutely worthless! Supras are a joke, at least in my opinion.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 4 NOW
I ran 12.59 @115 on stock turbos, 100 octane gas, with just downpipe, 17"dr's, exhaust, and a free mod to raise my boost level. This was my first pass in the car, right off the highway. So I wouldn't say they are worthless.//

I guess he must not get out much. I am looking forward to their next meet to go out and play with some cobras. And congrats on the times.

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
Very nice Brad!!

What is your tire/wheel set up?

Thanks Phu!

It's a 275 GForce T/A 2 Drag Radial on the stockers. They're a decent tire, i think I just need to heat them up a bit more.

On that run there I was spinning all through first, but still managed the 2.0. I just wish it would STICK!

I'll post a slip when I get home.

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
I think the wheelspin helps to get you up into the powerband quicker as long as it's not excessive. When my car didn't spin it bogged slightly but when it spun and the tires hooked it catapulted me forward. This only applies to non stalled autos which is what I had.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
Very nice!! How much boost were you running?

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nj94supratt said:
nice job, let me know if I sound stupid. Are those the street legal dr and how do you like them. Or do you switch whenyou get there
They're street legal. DOT approved.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
good shit. very good run putting that trailored mustang back on the trailor....lol

get some better 60ft and get that 11 sec run!

·
I don't cry, I work out
770 Posts
Mac's_t88 said:
wow i thought it's more than that
You can run about 21psi on the stock turbos with BPU + fmic but the turbos won't last as long.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
what boost controller were you running on the stock twins to hold 18psi???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts