Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the average 60' time for a BPU or BPU+ Supra's are? not with drag radials but with tires you would normally run on the street. I heard they are slow off the line due to the turbo lag and they usually like to run from a roll when possible. I'm thinking auto's will have much better 60' than manuals. Also I think that's what you call them with 400-450 rwhp BPU+?. I'm kind of seeing what's the best way to kill them now that I'm getting pretty good at hooking up the Viper :D

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
A really good driver, willing to beat on the clutch can cut 1.60's in a 6 speed using DR's, but the average is more like 2.0's.

Turbo lag is not the issue, it's the high RPM at which peak torque is made (~4800 rpm) that makes it difficult to modulate between bogging and spinning.

To keep both turbos online through the launch means having the rpm's above ~5k.

A BPU automatic with a high stall converter can cut 1.60's all day long on DR's. Much easier, but where is the challenge in that:)?j/k

Edit: I just noticed your DR stipulation. Since a lot of us run them 24/7 I don't think that is a valid exclusion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've pulled a 1.9x on street tires (Bridgestone Potenza RE730's) . . . but, I will soon be running drag radials everywhere . . . expect more of us to be running DR's on the street . . . and expect 1.7's in street trim from some of the Supra guys, then expect some pullin' on top. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
SilverTT said:
1.6-1.7s on the street??? come on guys...2.0 is more accurate with either street tires or DR's
If 2.0 is the best you can do on drag radials, there is either something wrong with your car or with your launch technique. 1.7s on stock converter and DRs is not impossible. 1.8s can be acheived with relative ease.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
don't drag radials require some warming up to get full grip? So at a stoplight, will they be hot enough to break off 1.7's?

·
Registered
174 Posts
ntenz said:
don't drag radials require some warming up to get full grip? So at a stoplight, will they be hot enough to break off 1.7's?
BFGs are sticky all the time. You won't get quite as good traction from a stop light due to higher tire pressure. You would want at least 32 psi for street driving , but they hook best at 15 psi at the track. Your tires should already be warm just from diving around.

Nittos, on the other hand suck unless they are very hot. I find that they actually get less traction on the street than regular street tires. In cool weather they are down right dangerous.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ryan did you do a 1.8 60ft on a similar setup to mine or with the xtra $6000 in mods?

My best 60ft to date is 1.95...could my 2" drop from my tanabe springs have anything to do with my poor 60fts? I mean for the approx $1k i put into the car i'm happy with 12.2's i just wanna break the 11's!~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts