Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up..this was a race against me and a few friends a couple days ago...
the person who edited the video didnt know much about the cars so ill give some info..
Black 6spd (Me) BPU 17 psi
03 cobra all stock except for exhaust
GTI vr6 turbo just plain fast

the race started from about 40 mph in second gear and we ran till about 125 then had to shut down..i had about a fender lenght on the GTI and i was pulling slightly then we shut down..if u listen close u can hear me spin through all of second and halfway through third gear then me and the GTI got traction and started pullin past the cobra...ok enough of me hope this link works
let me know what you think..

Anthony

P.S
this is a link to a local forum we have for our little car meets in my area..

enjoy!!
http://lotmeet.com/viewtopic.php?t=96

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah at the end there the gti had to cut over because of the cars that cut him off..it looks worse in the vid then it really was..they werent that close

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i srarted to pull lsightly on the gti at the end then we had to shut down...

i guess we could say that i won since i was pulling ahead but we had to shut down ....

im sure tho if we kept going to at least 140 or so i would have pulled even harder..as usual with most supras i was starting to get that top end pull just as we had to shut down
yeah the gti had some lag but once his turbo was spooled that thing was a beast...def not a car to sleep on...when i heard him spool i knew i had my work cut out ..lol

i raced the cobra a bunch of times after this race just me and him..we did a few pulls to about 140 same outcome everytime he would pull low end and i would just walk after that

anthony

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
nice kill...

when the gti pulled hard, i was like WTF, but then as he passed i saw the supra was still up ahead so i was like "whhhhhhhhhhho that was close" :lol:

-mike

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MaliCali said:
nice kill...

when the gti pulled hard, i was like WTF, but then as he passed i saw the supra was still up ahead so i was like "whhhhhhhhhhho that was close" :lol:

-mike

ahaha yeah what do you think i was saying when i looked to my left and he was dead even with me as we pulled hard passed the cobra..i also raced an 03 beetle and it stayed dead even with me.obviously it was heavily modded..i have a vid of that coming soon..he said he was untuned so we agreed that i run low boost against him (15psi) for me and we raced from 40-125 and he stayed dead even with me...i couldnt beelive that a freakin VW bug was staying with me..

HEy RustySupra i dont know any specs on the golf i only just met these people a few days ago...

since these races i had my valve seals done and i put a titan cam gear on my exhaust cam and set it at -3 degrees...and for some reason my car feels slower ..also i bleed boost now for some reason...i wanan get these bugs worked out before i go and race the VW crew again..damn vw's

not to go off topic here but has anyone had any experience with cam gears..i read on here that everyone said -3 was good ..i did that and my car feels slower..idk what it is..

anyone

anthony

·
Registered
365 Posts
that cobra was stock? sounds like a bassani catback and intake at least. . . good pull :bigthumb: though, didnt expect that from a gitty

·
Registered
825 Posts
lol cool race u can see the face on the supra driver sayig holy shyt when he saw the gti good race though i think if there was no traffic the supra definetely would have taken it nice gti

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would like to see a clean race between the supra and the GTI.... that thing was coming man

·
Registered
253 Posts
:bigthumb:
IcedSuPrA said:
ahaha yeah what do you think i was saying when i looked to my left and he was dead even with me as we pulled hard passed the cobra..i also raced an 03 beetle and it stayed dead even with me.obviously it was heavily modded..i have a vid of that coming soon..he said he was untuned so we agreed that i run low boost against him (15psi) for me and we raced from 40-125 and he stayed dead even with me...i couldnt beelive that a freakin VW bug was staying with me..

HEy RustySupra i dont know any specs on the golf i only just met these people a few days ago...

since these races i had my valve seals done and i put a titan cam gear on my exhaust cam and set it at -3 degrees...and for some reason my car feels slower ..also i bleed boost now for some reason...i wanan get these bugs worked out before i go and race the VW crew again..damn vw's

not to go off topic here but has anyone had any experience with cam gears..i read on here that everyone said -3 was good ..i did that and my car feels slower..idk what it is..

anyone

anthony
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETLE! :hug:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cool video. It looked to me like after that GTI finally spooled up he was catching YOU. Anyways, I'm impressed the Cobra guy let that video of him losing badly get posted on the net. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
612 Posts
racing in traffic.. :nono:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nah from the angle it looked like the gti was pulling..i was also the first to let off the gas....after 4th gear i was pulling the gti veryt slowly..if i had more room i would hav put a a little more distance between us..there will be tons of more races...the gti is def no joke and very fast...funny thing about this is that we are prob some of the slowest cars that meet at our lot...

anthony

1 - 20 of 21 Posts