Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dynoed the car today and it put down 361/372 and each run after that it went down couple horse, got hot.

Car has the following:
6speed
Intake
Catless Exhuast
GT Hybrid 3 inch FMIC
BCC
S-AFC
17psi with MBC
TRAC off
90k miles
Done with 93 octane @ 80degree and 40% humidity in 4th gear...

This is the first and lat run, the guy played with the AFC but the numbers kept dropping, I assume do to heat and low speed fan...

and here is the last run with the final A/F...

One of the pulls..
Video

I was expecting at least 380+

It smokes a bit blue under throttle. Should get a compression check done. I was looking at the boost gauge and it held boost strong at 17pounds till redline.

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
Congrats! Nice #'s man, Only problem im having is your a/f is hard to read on that chart...what exactley were you hitting? and what rpms were you hitting those #'s?

Ben Y

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
your wastegate is shot. Do the spring mod and post 400hp+ and 400tq+ dyno graphs. Or a big boost leak , check, or replace all ic pipes with hardpipes. Your torque should NEVER go to under 300rwtq, much less 200!!

·
Single Turbo
711 Posts
That number seems kinda low to me. (I made 360rwhp at 15.5psi and I'm auto) Try the spring mod, race gas and reset the ECU. Let us know what happens

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
boost leak, spring mod....something is definately wrong with your car. With similar mods I made 390/376 through an untuned auto at 16PSI

Jason

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Invest in some 100 0ctane, and try resetting your ECU and dynoing on a cool day. I've never been on a dyno w/ my Supras, but my car had basically the same mods as yours (I had a 4" ti) an I trapped almost 125 mph w/ it. Maybe take a look at your plugs too.

·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the number is def too low i was expecting about 400whp+... I also have Blitz BOV and stock BOV still inside (capped off). I haven't reset the ECU since I've gotten the car, so Ill do that.

Whats the spring mod? Is it "T"ing the VSV hoses? The VSV nipples broke off on my, so I stuck "T" fittings in the holes where hoses "A" and "B" go into the VSV Pic and ran the hoses stock setup. Can the fitting be restrickting the flow?? and causing the lack of torque at the low end?

The boost climbed ok untill the secound turbo came online, dropped a pound, then climbed to 17psi and held it. Can I still have a leak with the boost gauge reading like that?

I have a VPC laying around, so ill have it wired with the safc for next time. Didn't have the stock injector chip for it so I didn't use ut yesterday. So hopeflly I can put down mid 400's next time. Any othe things that I can look into??

Thanks for the quick responses guys...
Nazar

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Does it have blue smoke when you start up? Actually it sound's like your turbo's are going out. Maybe try the spring mod like everyone says but be careful on your boost levels with 93 octane. Also maybe try TTC and bypass all the vsv crap.. Did you change the plugs when you bpu'd?

·
Registered
594 Posts
At 16 psi I dynoed at 396 (6speed though), something is wrong, check all the hoses, IC pipes, some kind of leak somewhere....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
put the car in TTC and re-dyno for comparison.

you might have some boost gremlins that are impossible to find/diagnose until you bypass all of the sequential crap.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
also, this might not be *that* bad for 17psi... most of the bigger numbers come from people propping open the wastegate (aka, the spring mod) to boost to 21-23psi and fall to 19-20psi by redline.

·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went out and bought some NGK 6097's, I have no idea what the car has on now, but ive had it for about a year and it hasn't missed yet. I will throw it in the TTC mode and reset the ECU..

As far as the turbos go, yeah it spews a bit of blue smoke on start up. So the turbos might be going. the check engine light is on, but i thought it was beacuse of a fouled 02 sensor, so I'll take it down to the dealer to see what kind of code(s) its throwing...By the way it had a check engine light on when i ran the Dyno, don't flame I know it wasnt a smart thing to do.

·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did a compression test. Almost all put out 180+ psi, except the first one, it put out 170. Should I worry, or is it within the limit??

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
booster1 said:
Did a compression test. Almost all put out 180+ psi, except the first one, it put out 170. Should I worry, or is it within the limit??

You're fine. Change the plugs, check for boost leaks, add some 100 oct, reset the ECU and re-dyno.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts