Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was curious to compare afc setting on bpu++ mk4s. my high settings are like 3k-6% 4k -7% 5k and 6k and 7k -8 % this seems very different from most bpu supras ive seen most pull like -20 % in the high rpms range. any one care too share their settings so i can compare and compile some info before my next dyno session? btw. my lo settings are set almost similar but not that steap.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
bj aren't you sponsored by hubbie at SPI?

hop on their dyno and have the beast dyno tuned to 11.5:1 A/F ratio!

btw i have about 20% taken out up top.

Brett

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Most likely, you are comparing to OBDII computers, I believe they dump alot more fuel than the OBD I ECUs. I have a 97Tt witha high flow, a BCC, and an AVCR, To get ~10.5-11:1, I am pulling 18% on the top end, , I do not remember off hand the rest, other than I start pulling fuel at 4000(TTC), and go something like -8-10-12-14-16-18 at 500 rpm intervals. Every car is different, if you had bluprinted your entire fuel system, and were comparing to a blueprinted car, with the same mods, it might indicate some shortcomings in your fuel system, but without that, I would not be concearned, just tune to what you consider a safe AFR, and call it good. One common variable, is inaccurate O2 sensors on dynos, be sure to use a WBO2 in a bung in the DP, and try using a different WBO2. Hope that sheds some light, Carl Byck

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
i have OBDI.

Brett 94' SupraTT(T61)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Bill, what do you expect when SPI tunes . :D Get on a dyno somewhere else and get things sorted out. Or you could just get a WB, they are getting really cheap now.

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Bill, find out how far away Atglen PA is from your house. that is where Xotic Motorsports is. that is where i had my car tuned during a supra meet. very nice people and they know what they are doing, Rick.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brett i am not sponsored by spi[i want to] and veilside point me in the right direction for a good priced wideband unit.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I just bought the Innovate unit. It is cheap and has logging and tons of other features. Check out www.innovatemotorsports.com.

You could also get a Techedge or PLX unit but IMO, the Innovate is the best in the price range.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
Bill, what do you expect when SPI tunes . :D Get on a dyno somewhere else and get things sorted out. Or you could just get a WB, they are getting really cheap now.
Seth, don't be ripping on SPI, they sponsor a number of sick cars,
Hubbie is a great tuner and SPI is a more high class shop in that they might charge alot but you get alot (my turbo kit is warrantied for a year).

Brett

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Brett, I bash SPI because my first and only experience there was horrible and I hear the same sentiment expressed by others. They dynoed my car at high boost a number of times IN A ROW WITH NO COOL DOWN PERIOD and then just shut it off immediatly after. I thought they are supposed to be turbo experts... Their actions tell me they either don't know or don't care to let my car cool between runs and before shutting it off. They also charged me twice as much as they quoted me for the dyno time, they barely got any HP out of my cam gears and they were just dicks to me the whole time. I will NEVER go back there and I would recommend you do the same. I don't know how much they charge you but I'm sure you could get it done cheaper and better somewhere else. There are plenty of places and individuals in NJ who know Supras, charge half of what they do and will actually care about how your car runs once it leaves the shop. Just out of curiousity, if you don't mind, how much did they charge for the single install?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hitting up bmtranny dyno on tues . post the sheet then.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
seth: around $1,000.

I hear your story, i see you had a bad experience, thats not too cool. well whatever, spi is the closest shop to my house(10 mins) so i go there usually. dyno is very expensive there, do you know how much it costs at TunerM? i heard they have a mustang dyno...

Brett

·
Registered
857 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
i was curious to compare afc setting on bpu++ mk4s. my high settings are like 3k-6% 4k -7% 5k and 6k and 7k -8 % this seems very different from most bpu supras ive seen most pull like -20 % in the high rpms range. any one care too share their settings so i can compare and compile some info before my next dyno session? btw. my lo settings are set almost similar but not that steap.
ok but what is your max boost? 1,2bars?

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
hey bill, I took out -17% up top and im running 11.0:1 A/F

Brett

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have aem camgears gen#2 and set at 0 for now stock cams for now hks bump sticks on the way.can we say stock turbo 10 second slips no nos....

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
my car is so fucked then... i run +15% all the way across the board just to keep it in the 12's on the dyno... mabe i need some fuel injection cleanor ;)

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
evry car is very different dont go by what another car is or the o2 on the dyno may be bad. a lil 100 octane will clear it up

1 - 20 of 26 Posts