Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to go BPU and I am concerned about engine life. I know all about the increased stress on the turbos and tranny, but lets talk about the engine.

Is it primarily the engine's valvetrain that experiences additional wear in the short term? I've seen the posts on valve stem seals going out, etc.

I am planning to run no more than 18 psi and not very often. Maybe three or fout WOT runs a week on the highway (yeah right!). If I do this, how long can I expect the valvetrain to hold up under these parameters? I currently have 53,000 miles on a 94 auto. I don't want to have a major repair at the Toyota dealer at 63,000 miles. Is this unrealistic?

Even though I want more power, I really want to keep as much reliability as possible. That's part of the reason I bought the car in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Shit happens it could happen in 1,000 miles or never. I've ran BPU for 20,000+ miles 19psi runs daily and the car is very strong. The tranny on the auto is something i'd watch, especially if you run the car at the track. I also made 75 passes last year. The tranny isn't 100%

1 - 2 of 2 Posts