Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I see BPU and APU used a lot as a general Supra terminology, what exactly do they mean? I tried to search on the forums, but there's really not a thread that explains what they mean. Are BPU and APU the only two that people use?

Anyone care to explain?

Thanks everyone.

·
Search Function Master
51 Posts
Simply put:

BPU=Basic Performance Upgrades

BPU=Blow-off Valves, FMIC, Secret Sauce mods, exhaust, intake, cam gears, etc.

APU=Advanced Performance Upgrades

APU=Single turbo kit, fuel systems, etc.

You are either stock, BPU, or APU.

·
4,109 Posts
To the OP, how have you had a Supra (single turbo at that) for almost 3 years and not known about BPU and APU? :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had different cars over the years and have heard the terms BPU and APU. Honestly, I knew that BPU are your simple mods and APU are your more serious mods, but never really cared to look up or ask what the exact definitions were.

I was just reading something today that kinda sparked my interest, so I asked the question.

Thank you FYRARMS for the link, I will be catching up with some reading.

To the OP, how have you had a Supra (single turbo at that) for almost 3 years and not known about BPU and APU? :)

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
LOTS of info there to take in, man. You will be like Neo jacking in to the Matrix learning Kung Fu. :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing is, I've had my share of performance cars and even though the Supra community uses BPU and APU the most, I still hear it a lot with other makes and models.

Now that you guys have asked, I sure as hell don't know why I didn't ask this questions 10 year ago.....LOL!:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
LOTS of info there to take in, man. You will be like Neo jacking in to the Matrix learning Kung Fu. :p
FYR.. full rez pics of your sig naowwww... PM ME :kekegay:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts