Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another great weekend:

Viper:

I saw a blue with white stripes Viper GTS going the other way and I popped a u-turn. I finally got behind him at a left hand-turn signal due to traffic. I followed him onto a two lane (each way) road that had some twisties. I got next to him and gave him a little blow-off but he wouldn't bite. There was also a motorcycle about 100 yards in front of us so that was probably why.

Well we proceed to hit another stoplight - motorcycle is in one lane and Viper gets next to him so I get behind the Viper. I powerbrake just in case the Viper nails it off the line but he didn't. However, he did proceed to punch it at about 25 mph and I was ready. Due to a car in front of him that had turned onto this road at the previous light, he changed lanes (now in front of the motorcycle) and I followed; both of us are at WOT now. At the time of the lane change he was approximately 1.5 cars ahead of me, but at about 90 mph I had to let off the gas so I didn't rear-end him. I was pulling on him pretty good in 3rd gear.

This is my first Viper kill. I'm pretty sure it was a 1999 - 2002 model year. It was a GTS, but I think it was bone stock.

Camaro with 454 bored "20" over:

I was again returning home after dropping off the babysitter at about 11:00 pm and I see a late 1960's or early 1970's Camaro pulling out of a gas station. It was red with a black hood that had a huge cowl on it. The rear tires were absolutely huge - probably 355 range and the car was as loud as sin. The car looked and sounded so aggressive/mean that my first thought was "That's got to be a 10 second car; I'm so going down".

I proceeded to follow him and he turns into a KFC parking lot and I follow. I pulled up to his window and gave him props and asked him what he had. He said a 454 bored "20" over and a 100 shot of nitrous on top of that (he then proceeded to hit the purge valve; yep, he has nitrous). He said he was untuned with the nitrous but put down about 500 rwhp in the current form. I told him I was putting down somewhere in the 420 rwhp range. I asked him if he knew somewhere we could run and he said "yes, follow me".

During the drive to the "spot" I then realized my mistake. He was heading to an industrial park and we would therefore go from a dead dig. Doh! When we got there, I told him my best chance of hanging with him would be from a roll-on. He agreed to do a second roll-on race after we got the first one over with. I said "okay".

I powerbraked and gave the start motion with my hand; we both started at the same time. To my surprise, he didn't jump me out of the hole, but rather I was 1.5 cars ahead at the top of first! I shut it down at about 100 mph and he was a solid 3 cars behind (if not a few more). He rolled up and said "Well, you beat me good. I've got to get this thing tuned. Do you know of a good shop with a dyno?" I said yes and gave him the name of a shop in town. We waved and left.

After I turned the corner I yelled "Yes!" at the top of my lungs. I was so surprised at the outcome. I had just beaten what appeared to be Goliath at his own game. I had felt like a lamb at slaughter a few minutes before and now was on top of the world.

This car never ceases to amaze me. Not bad for 115,000 miles on stock turbos!

Oh yeah, I was on a 50/50 mix of 93 and 104 as usual. Probably hit 19 to 20 psi.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Beau,you are always getting into street races. I hope Johnny Lawman doesn't catch you one of these times.BTW, those are good kills. I agree that the Viper was probably bone stock but good kill regardless. I remember about a month ago almost posting a reply on one of your street race stories about parking the Supra and getting a beater Civic for your daily commutes but it appears that you are having way too much fun. Looking forward to the next chapter. :bigthumb:
Tony

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Awesome kills! I need to race me some old school muscle :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts