Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice/opinions from everyone :) ...
Problem: As with all of us BPU folks we have boost creep in higher RPM's and especially in cold weather..
Reason: We are running only 1 wastegate for 2 turbo's...

Solution???...I have searched and noticed that several people have said that the 1st and 2nd turbo are essentially interchangable...so, if I were to hook up 2 number 1 turbo's essentially having 2 wategates, no boost creep!!! of course there are a couple of variables...probably need to slightly modify the water and oil lines to the rear turbo, not sure if the stock intake outlet piping will hook up to the rear turbo correctly, or the exhaust outlet either and of course this will be in full time TTC mode (which I am running now and personally like better anyway)....

I searched and couldn't find anyone who has did this or tried just wondering if possible???? What do you think???

Andrew

G

·
They are not exactly interchangeable. Turbo 1 has a wastegate while Turbo 2 has the exhaust bypass for pre-spool.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I know that...but, what I am thinking is using 2 number 1 turbos and connecting my boost controller to both, to eliminate over boosting in cold weather. If the rear bolts up to the manifold the same, since its an internal wastegate you wouldn't have to worry about exhaust piping, but does everything else line up, other than oil and water lines??? Has any tried this, hell any advice will be great, even just to tell me NO WAY that it would work...remember I will be running TTC anyway...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The exhaust bypass piping I was just going to remove and plug the hole thats on the exhaust housing side of the downpipe, I already had something made since I am removing everything with the sequential system anyway...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts