Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok if I get a DP/Exhaust and BCC do I need to have a Boost Controller will the Fuel Cut Boost past stock Boost or will it just hit the stock 12Psi boost? Not a newb just havnt done bpu in a long time and when I did i bought everything. To cheap to buy a Boost controller but have the mods to do so just dont wanna be overboosting and i know if I dont put that bcc in Ill hit the cut and be slammed.

Thanks

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Little need for a boost controller unless you have an overboost problem with the mods. I've got a FMIC, DP, Exhaust, BCC and a Profec B that always stays off. But I'm happy with 18 PSI of boost...it sometimes peaks to 19 depending on the weather...never seen more than that though myself. I'd like to sit down with someone that knows the Profec and figure out how to use it...the damn manual is written in a way that it's foreign to me and I don't get it. Until than I keep it off and my car is happy with it like that.

Mark

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I had on my old Supra was pretty good. Im not sure if having it off is the same as not having one at all though cause when mine was off it was diff. Really dont want to hit 18psi daily driving on 91 pump heh really like to stay under 14. If i have to i guess ill buy a manual one or something but really wanna see if you can keep stock boost with a BCC or not.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Well every car is going to be a little bit different. My car for example hits about 14psi with my boost controller off. And then I can increase it from there depending on what octane fuel I am using.

I usually have 3 settings:
Off- 14psi
B- 16psi
A- 21psi (full race gas)

But I live in So.CA where it is hot, so I do not get that much boost creep compared to people in colder climates.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Once you install a BCC and if everything is working normally, I think the key to how high you boost without a boost controller is the exhaust and downpipe, but cooler weather does make it higher. If your exhaust and dp are the typical 3" or larger free flowing varieties like most here have, the boost will spike/creep up, typically above 18psi unless limited by a boost controller. One option that does not need a boost controller and keeps boost "naturally" lower is a less free flowing exhaust, like leave the cats on and just go with a catback.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
ra24man, is your profec b the spec II, if so i can help you with using it, its pretty simple, shoot me a pm.

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Maybe that why I don't see anything higher than 19 psi...my rear exhaust section is muffler chop crush bent 3 inch tubing with an Apexi N1 can. Backpressure is enough to keep the boost in check? Good point Nick!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts