Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tearing up Sydney streets
625 Posts
Hi there,

Is the IColor setup correctly?

Have you tried setting Boost to Automatic and setting boost to 1.24hkPA (1.24 bar = 18psi)? Remember if set to automatic, you can change the "Response" value from Norm (fastest for boost to build up), to Mild (reaches peak slower), to Slow (reaches peak slowest, results in lest over shooting/spiking resulting in faster learning)

Also, when in Manual mode, remember that by putting 0 into the max boost value, it will be the maximum normal boost (boost pressure set by the manufacturer), and 100 is when the boost pressure will keep rising up to the limit of the turbo.

Some questions:

1.) Is the exhaust gas bypass option set to AC or WG? - This is in the Funct menu
2.) Under Speed Calibration, what is it set to?
3.) Under Tacho Calibration what is it set to?
4.) Power loss setting under Power Calibration?
5.) Gain should be 15-25 for stock turbos. The higher it is set, faster response but spiking will result (it will overshoot the desired boost level - i.e. spike)

Tell me the values for 1.) - 4.) and I should be able to help you :)

·
Tearing up Sydney streets
625 Posts
Hiya Mate,

No worries :) A mate helped me out so I am more than happy to give back...

After setting up these values, try Automatic mode first letting the Icolor learn by itself, then manual mode if you have no luck or don't like how it controls things:

This setting is accessible from the "Funct" menu accessible from the main menu:
1.) Set the exhaust gas bypass option set to AC - Set this up in the Funct menu

These settings are under the "Calib" menu accessible from the main menu:
2.) Under Speed Calibration, set to "4 Pulse"
3.) Under Tacho Calibration, set to "Keep 3000rpm"
4.) Under Power Calibration, set it to weight: 1580 (dependent on your car), 2WD, Power Loss 0, Wheel spin 10m

Finally, too high a gain value can be a big problem with boost spiking, and is best played around with to find a suitable value, but for stock turbos, start off with the 15-25 range. (As an example, imagine boost increasing extremely quickly... if it is increasing too quickly and you have set it at 1 bar, it will hit 1 bar and then the signal will be sent to open the wastegate, but in that time it may spike to 1.2 bar)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.