Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed a custom FMIC, in the process, I picked up 4psi of boost on the stock twins:agreed:

However, my air fuel ratio's climbed to. Even after turning the boost down as far as it would go, which was 17psi or so, my air fuel ratio under full boost was around 12.5-12.8:nono: Disgruntled, because I was about to put a single on, I just parked the car in the garage, to figure out my next plans. However I did decide order a fuel filter for shits and giggles, because even though I am ANAL about my car, a fuel filter was just never something I have ever replaced on all 19 cars or so that I have owned, despite doing numerous tune-ups.:nuts:

So off went the stock fuel filter with almost 90K miles on it, and a slight tap on the side and uhhhh :nervous:

Well, I was surprised how dirty it was,however I had nothing to compare it to.

WITH THE NEW FILTER IN, MY AIR FUELS DROPPED FROM 12.5-12.8 AT 17PSI TO 9.8-10.2 AT 19PSI

Needless to say I feel happy/relieved/dumb. So uh, change your fuel filter guys:)

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
check the hoses on the fuel pump as well. when i was using the stock ECU i could never get the SAFC to work when adjusting fuel in boost and just figured it didn't work. i ended up switching to the AEM EMS and got a new fuel pump as well. when i went to install the new fuel pump it turns out the pickup hose on the pump had a crack in it and i was losing fuel pressure in boost so no matter how much fuel i was adding i was still going lean. i was kicking myself because i had already installed the AEM.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moar pics of toy truck?
The toy truck is currently being transported to Underground Racing to get one of their new twin turbo setups. I should have it back next week, then off to CCW, so they can figure out the wheel situation.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Since i just got my car a few months ago and i wanna do some tune up and maintaince crap this will be on my list, im at 85k and im not sure if its ever been changed so why not.

CCW and underground racing???? Thats similar to putting APC shit from autozone on our supra lol. On a serious note cant wait to get a set of classics hopefully soon.

·
97 HARD TOP
1,044 Posts
Since i just got my car a few months ago and i wanna do some tune up and maintaince crap this will be on my list, im at 85k and im not sure if its ever been changed so why not.

CCW and underground racing???? Thats similar to putting APC shit from autozone on our supra lol. On a serious note cant wait to get a set of classics hopefully soon.
please explain...ive heard nothing but good things when it comes from underground racing and ccw

·
Registered
431 Posts
Recently installed a custom FMIC, in the process, I picked up 4psi of boost on the stock twins:agreed:

However, my air fuel ratio's climbed to. Even after turning the boost down as far as it would go, which was 17psi or so, my air fuel ratio under full boost was around 12.5-12.8:nono: Disgruntled, because I was about to put a single on, I just parked the car in the garage, to figure out my next plans. However I did decide order a fuel filter for shits and giggles, because even though I am ANAL about my car, a fuel filter was just never something I have ever replaced on all 19 cars or so that I have owned, despite doing numerous tune-ups.:nuts:

So off went the stock fuel filter with almost 90K miles on it, and a slight tap on the side and uhhhh :nervous:

Well, I was surprised how dirty it was,however I had nothing to compare it to.

WITH THE NEW FILTER IN, MY AIR FUELS DROPPED FROM 12.5-12.8 AT 17PSI TO 9.8-10.2 AT 19PSI

Needless to say I feel happy/relieved/dumb. So uh, change your fuel filter guys:)

Am I missing something here, but isn’t 9.8-10.2 a little rich, even at full boost. For the record, I am not a tuner but I just want to make sure the info I have in my brain-housing group is not twisted. Thanks

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Am I missing something here, but isn’t 9.8-10.2 a little rich, even at full boost. For the record, I am not a tuner but I just want to make sure the info I have in my brain-housing group is not twisted. Thanks
Yes its very rich. I am on the stock ecu etc... I should have my single turbo on in a few weeks though, so this will now give me room to play with before I add a second denso, injectors, standalone etc.

·
From the land down under
4,731 Posts
I think that a new fuel filter should be part of everyones car mod list. Sure it might not impress any of your friends, but your engine will love you.

I bet if you cut it in half with a hacksaw, you would be even happier than you removed it when you did as the amount of crud that will be inside it will shock you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.