Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got another question for you guys. what is the best clutch or clutch kit for the supra, and is having a lightened flywheel that much better. or if someone has the rps sprung hub with a flywheel do they like it. i need some advice.

·
6 speed pimp
68 Posts
Ucntcachme:
I have the rps stage 3 sprung hub clutch an alluminum flywheel in my 97tt. It took a little while to get used to, but once i got through that its great. It's fine for city driving and after the inital break in period its great. It revs up quicker and shifting is nice and smooth. I think its a great clutch for the bpu supra.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
xessped,
When does yours engage? I just istalled the same clutch with the stock flywheel, and it doesn't engage until the peddle is nearly all the way out. It seems to grap and hold just fine, but I would prefer it grab earlier. Any ideas?

Ucntcachme,
If you don't need the holding power of the stage 3 I would reccomend the stage 2. I had one before my stage 3 and it was a ton easier to drive. Now, as I mentioned to xessped, I just put it in. I only have ~225 miles on it, so I am sure it will get better. I am primarily concerned with when it engages at the moment. On the other hand if you have the cash get a Tilton. They make one badass clutch! I just did some research on it.....daayymn. It only weighs 13lb (w/flywheel) and never needs replacement (just a $200 rebuild).

Daniel

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
the one thing about aftermarket flywheels that i have heard a whole lot about is the constant rattles, especially at idle. might wanna check that out before you commit. i imagine it could drive one crazy after a while.

·
6 speed pimp
68 Posts
Suprawood, my clutch engages about 1/3 of the way up. when i first got it seemed like it engaged instantly but it just took some getting used to. As for any ideas on how to make it engage sooner, i don't really know. As for the point Kale brings up about noise at idle, its not that bad unless you have the A/C or other accessories on. I don't even really notice it anymore unless im just sitting there with no music playing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts