Supra Forums banner

BPU Dyno Numbers

3K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  bwill 
G
#1 ·
Just wondering what kind of dyno numbers the BPU guys are putting out - and off of what mods. Thanks fella's!

G
#11 ·
Thanks for all the responses fellas. I dynoed my dawg (BPU) last weekend and put down 405 to the wheel - thats why I was asking. But for some reason I'm only running 15lbs of boost. I gotta find those damn boost leaks!!!

quikturbo - do you think I would lay down 440 if I found the pesky leaks to run 18-19lbs?

#13 ·
picturemerollin: not sure about what amount you'll put out, ever car is different. However, if you do infact have a boost leak then your numbers will definitely increase, especially if its a large boost leak. Good luck finding any leaks. You should be running more than 15lbs of boost. One other thing, reset your ecu before running as just a preventative measure for limiting boost.

SilverTT:
here are two time slips from the track when my car was straight bpu with drag radials
I'm car 18

best trap 121.97mph

best et

those runs were on 100 octane

chris

G
#14 ·
Hey QuikTurbo..

How much boost were you running on those timeslips, what octane, and what exactly do you have in place for BPU mods...exhaust etc? Also, what is your launch technique at the strip? Thanks

#15 ·
well, at the time those passes were made my mods were

bcc, rmm dp, RM exhaust, hks intake, custom air box (like the "MaxAir Box"), and headlight out, also a new rps clutch, and hks evc ex. Tire pressure in the nitto dr's about 18 to 20spi, and 100 octane. Boost was around 19 psi
I'm still trying to get more consistant with launching. Originally I was dumping the clutch (used to my old mustangs :)), and only ended up bogging. I started to slip the clutch and started netting better 60fts. I think I bobble the rmps around 4500 rpms and then slip it. Granted its harder on the clutch.

chris

G
#21 ·
emkay, expect 300-320 rwhp. Intake does next to nothing at your power level, and without a downpipe, the exhaust adds only a little. For example, I got exactly 1 hp from my intake and exhaust. When I added a downpipe, that jumped up 60 rwhp without touching boost level. That's when you'll really see the gain out of your exhaust.

#24 ·
My PSI boost gauge read 15 PSI this past weekend, and as far as I'm concerned (bought the car use) I only have EVC I, cone intake, and exhaust. Is that normal boosting? I'm planning on installing RMM Dp and Greddy BCC this weekend, and I know 18 PSI is the safest to run, anyone has any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.