Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the track yesterday. It was 100+ degrees. I couldn’t get any decent 60fts. My best time was a [email protected] mph with a 60ft of 2.085.

How is my time and does it seem normal. I though with my shifting skills that I would land a low 12sec at least. Thank you.

My mods:
6-speed
Apexi Power FC Standalone/ still on MAF
HKS Exhaust Titanium
HKS Intake
Greddy 4 row Intercooler
Down Pipe 3 1/2 inch
MBC set at 18-19psi
Race Gas
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,762 Posts
What track and I take it the temps were high and so was humidity?

Your mph seems low for your mods.............
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,762 Posts
Hell it was 95 degrees outside and 90%+ humidity~! I bet if it were in the 50-60s you would have ran a 12 flat or even a high 11.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your feedback. It was MIR track in MD.

Val, this was on Sunday. It was so so hot... :(
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
vntperformance said:
What track and I take it the temps were high and so was humidity?

Your mph seems low for your mods.............

You're right Val, the traps are a bit low even for hot
and humid. But this is his first time with this car at
a track. With some more seat time he will see 117-118mph
traps even in bad weather at MIR. Remember that NOPI
race there a few years ago we were at? It was 102 degrees
and felt like 114 degrees with the humidity. With 100 octane
I was still 117-119mph traps in the old BPU 6 speed. I think
his 12.6 on street tires is damn good for first time racing the
car.
7thSign,
Put some drag radials on that car and run in better weather.
I bet you see some big improvements. That 12.61 is very good
for street tires and crap weather. You will notice higher trap
speeds as you get a better feel for running the car. Optimizing
shift points can gain 2-3mph. Congrats!
Wayne
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,762 Posts
This damn weather is murder on supras!!!!! Fuck It!!! <argh>

George: Did you pull the headlight on the runs, I gained about 2mph just by doing that on my car, too bad I can't do it anymore?

Heck just wait till a nice coool 70 degree day and let her rip......you'll def be alot faster!!!!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone,

Val, I wanted to remove the light but didnt, I should have. I will do what you said and wait for a nice cool day and maybe some better tires.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,762 Posts
7THSIGN said:
Thank you everyone,

Val, I wanted to remove the light but didnt, I should have. I will do what you said and wait for a nice cool day and maybe some better tires.
Cool, I wouldn't risk running Drag Radials because you can easily twist the driveshaft or shatter the rear end then you'll be SOL at the track w/o a trailer. If your really into drag racing then i'd suggest you buy some Et Streets w/RX7 Wheels and some type of skinnies and then go all out.....

Good Luck!!!! :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vntperformance said:
Cool, I wouldn't risk running Drag Radials because you can easily twist the driveshaft or shatter the rear end then you'll be SOL at the track w/o a trailer. If your really into drag racing then i'd suggest you buy some Et Streets w/RX7 Wheels and some type of skinnies and then go all out.....

Good Luck!!!! :)
wow, then I dont think I will do Drag Radials, I will just wait for a cool night. Thanks!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
vntperformance said:
Cool, I wouldn't risk running Drag Radials because you can easily twist the driveshaft or shatter the rear end then you'll be SOL at the track w/o a trailer. If your really into drag racing then i'd suggest you buy some Et Streets w/RX7 Wheels and some type of skinnies and then go all out.....

Good Luck!!!! :)
No.

Get drag radials.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,762 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
Definitely do not do drag radials on a 6sp car. If you want to increase the chances of twisting the driveshaft or shatter the differential, then get them. Drag radials have stiff sidewalls and a sticky compound which is a bad combination for 6sp speed cars at the drag strip. Auto cars can get away with drag radials because their drivetrain is already pre-loaded somewhat. If you still want to take try the drag radial route, slip the clutch out of the hole or you'll be towing the car back home after a few passes.
 

· '95 TT
Joined
·
762 Posts
Definitely pull the headlight. It also got me about 2 mph.

I don't know what to say about drag radials. They helped me alot and I haven't had any problems with them. So I would say go for them, unless you don't have an upgraded clutch. The stocker will probably take a pretty good beating.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,762 Posts
Alex D said:
Definitely do not do drag radials on a 6sp car. If you want to increase the chances of twisting the driveshaft or shatter the differential, then get them. Drag radials have stiff sidewalls and a sticky compound which is a bad combination for 6sp speed cars at the drag strip. Auto cars can get away with drag radials because their drivetrain is already pre-loaded somewhat. If you still want to take try the drag radial route, slip the clutch out of the hole or you'll be towing the car back home after a few passes.
And the tow is easily $300+ from MIR to Fairfax..... that will cover the cost of a good set of et streets ;)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top