Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im a lurker in the NA section. Dont confuse my low post count as me being auto illiterate. I have built many motors/cars/ fabrication etc....
Im debating the build of an NA-T motor for my GS300 or doing the full monte and dropin the GTE in.
My question is this and yes I have searched, but theres just way too much damn good info on here.

Should I build my stock NA bottom end rods/pistons/head and main studs mod the block for oil squirters and use the AEM EMS and still have money left twards the turbo parts.

Or should I do the GTE motor with a single conversion (because the stock twins dont fit with the UDSM firewall).

Either way I will be doing twin walbro 255's.
If I were to do the GTE and a Small SP-XX turbo what are my limits to fuel delivery.
At what point am I going to need to have a piggyback of some sort to keep my A/R where I need it. I read about VPC's etc....
I have yet to find a good description of where the BPU starts to turn into BPU+ etc...

Would I be better off starting with a stout GTE and concentrating on the fuel mods or starting at the bottom up and using the aem on the built NA motor. :dunno:

Thanks

James

·
Sold Mine :(
1,024 Posts
What they said ^

Why start with a something that is going to have lower limitations that you will have to deal with down the road if you want more?

·
I'm Jeff Kiang Bitch!
225 Posts
very true on if your looking for more power down the road. Horsepower is like a drug, you'll want more and more. Go with the GTE motor. Ya can't go wrong.

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
GTE block.

Think about, lots of people have broken 800hp on a stock block.

-Joseph

GTE block all the way because it was meant for boost. Less things to worry about with the GTE. If anything, swap the whole engine into your car. Bang out the firewall and have fun with 400+rwhp BPU

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the GTE what kind of piggy backs aids will I need to start using to get up around 550+ ?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
If you mean 550+ wheel hp, you'd have to exceed what is normally possible with stock turbos unless you spray NOS and add a fuel system to support it, so you are in small single turbo territory.

If you mean 550 crank (~ 462rwhp) that's within the upper realm of the stock turbos if you add a fuel control piggyback, maybe a little timing tweek, maybe the MAF, that kind of stuff. Of course you need the basic BPU stuff like exhaust, downpipe, BCC, boost controller.

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do mean 550 RWH. The plan is to use a small single. The stock twins wont fit due to interfereance with the firewall.

So some sort of 60 trim 61-67 mabe.
I have some stuff left over from another car. So I will be using a 40mm HKS wastegate. Type S bov. 3" downpipe all the way back to dual 2.5" out. Apex or greddy BC. I used to have the Greddy type A. But from whats out now days it sounds outdated.

So what kind of piggybacks will be neccasary SAFC or ? What HKS prouducts ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts