Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what a BPU MK3 supra runs in the quarter?
Also what kind of highway performance can you expect out of them, lets say as compared to a MKIV? Thanks!

J

·
0 Posts
I'd probably through out a round guess of mid-high 13's from a supra w/ exhaust, intake, and 12psi of boost(manual w/ fairly competent driving). I'd also say you'd still have some work to do to run with a stock mkiv on the highway.

Later,

·
" its not a Tuuurbo"
844 Posts
im having a complete brain fart.. i know ive heard it before but its killing me to remeber , ( i think the beers are kicking in) what does bpu stand for again..

im asking cause im stupid right now...:beer:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jrode said:
I'd probably through out a round guess of mid-high 13's from a supra w/ exhaust, intake, and 12psi of boost(manual w/ fairly competent driving). I'd also say you'd still have some work to do to run with a stock mkiv on the highway.

Later,
Well thats pretty good I guess. But wouldn't the boost be higher than just 12psi on a car with intake/enhaust done etc..?

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Well at least I wasn't the only one that didn't know what BPU stood for :stupid: :D

·
will code for parts
668 Posts
BPU Eater said:

Well thats pretty good I guess. But wouldn't the boost be higher than just 12psi on a car with intake/enhaust done etc..?
Well mkiii's are only running 5-8 psi stock on the single ct26...

At 12psi you have fuel cut, and might want more fuel (ie. bringing you above BPU).

S

·
0 Posts
nah, not quite. a stock MkIV 6 speed would run 13.1-13.3, a 5-speed BPU would run maybe 13.8-14.0 (just a guess)
The reason you couldn't take the boost higher then 14's is because of the intercooler, and the piping. upgrade the intercooler and piping, and that "3000 pipe" and I think you can run about 18. I've heard the stock turbo runs out of steam around 15psi, but I don't know if I believe that. that seems awful low. anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The ct-26 does run out of steam past 15psi. Not only that, after 5,500 rpm's or so, the boost will drop dramatically. By redline your boost will be at most around 9psi. I'm not speculating either, I've observed it many times on my AVC-R.

You'll need at least 15psi of boost on the stock ct-26 (and all associated mods) to keep up with a stock MKIV Twin Turbo. My friend has a stock MKIV and we race plenty. Even with 15psi, he'll pull me at the top of 3rd and right into 4th. In 1st and 2nd my MKIII has more balls though. Through the 1/4 mile I win but not by much, with his front bumper right on my rear bumper (and he's still gaining).

S

·
0 Posts
A friend of mine with downpipe, Apex GT Spec Exhaust, FCD,
AVC-R and 12psi was side by side with a MKIV TT with intake and exhaust. He ran a 13.8 at 103mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts