Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going all out single next year some time with prolly a sp67, fuel and all that, but until then while i'm bpu should i put a sp58 budget kit on? how muhc of a difference will there be since the budget kit will run on stock fuel system and pump gas? Is it worth doing or should i just save the money and buy something else for the car with it? Thanks

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I wouldn't both with the budget kit. Most of the BPU stuff has to be bought regardless, like the exhaust, boost controller, fuel controller, FMIC, BOV, etc. You might as well buy a $300 DP and maybe a few other goodies and then have fun at BPU until you are ready to go single. To me, it would seem like a waste of money to buy the budget kit when you plan on another single kit anyways.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Budget kit.

your eventually going to blow the twins, single is faster.

Brett

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Budget kit.

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
Another vote for the budget kit. Singles are easy to swap if you wanna go bigger and you can always uprade to a tubular mani.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
i would just wait till next year to buy your single.. why do things twice? why buy the budget kit now, then in a year buy a whole nother kit? jay

·
Ex Mkiv TT Owner
137 Posts
budget kit + downpipe + mbc.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Do a forced induction kit now with a 57, or a TS04, later, add fuel,FMIC, a vpc, and a bigger turbo, the only thing you buy twice is the turbo. Otherwise, if you plan to do VPC, 3 row, fuel, and a tubular setup, I would do BPU, go as far as you can afford, then add the kit, nothing purchased that cannot be used later, you can even use the DP if you go cast instead of tubular. The very dead last choice IMHO choice is the budget kit. IMHO Carl

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
pefy said:
I'm planning on going all out single next year some time with prolly a sp67, fuel and all that, but until then while i'm bpu should i put a sp58 budget kit on? how muhc of a difference will there be since the budget kit will run on stock fuel system and pump gas? Is it worth doing or should i just save the money and buy something else for the car with it? Thanks
I think if you are going to go single in the near future, stay with the stockers. If you replace them with a budget kit, you are paying for the budget kit plus installation of the budget kit -- then once you purchase the single turbo kit of your choice, you have to pay to have it installed and the budget kit uninstalled. It's not worth the money if you ask me. You could purchase a small single without fuel from SP, then, when you have enough money, simply swap the turbines. But I think for you, it would be wiser to simply keep the stockers in there for a couple months, instead of going straight to a budget kit. It will also help you adjust to the power. Take care buddy!

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts