Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving along the right lane doing 80-85, not much traffic, see a porsche in the far left lane doing about 75-80... but i thought it was a boxster - darn...

when i passed him, he immediately blew by me... traffic ahead, so i just pulled behind him... when traffic let out, he pulled over, i blew by him doing about 90 in 5th...

look in the mirror, looks like he's game... he speeds up, i punch it about 1.5 cars ahead, and from 90 - 140mph we're pretty even.... i maintain the 1.5 car difference.

i slow down for traffic, he weaves through it, when we come out, it's another 90-140mph pull w/ him starting ahead by 2 cars... he pulls slightly at first, but i make up the the small difference after 120...

all in all, 2 pretty even cars... (i have no idea if he was chipped or not but his exhaust sounded louder than stock.)

my mods: intercooler, lightened flywheel, map-ecu. last dyno was 390rwhp, i'm probably 410-420rwhp now (map-ecu addition)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was on race gas...

peak is probably 410-420 but it falls to 370 by redline or so b/c can't hold boost up there... i think i was a tad faster, especially as we got higher up there but hard to tell w/o a proper start & some worry-free space...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I raced a 996tt at Norwalk a couple years ago. Very close race. I actually thought I had won.

Me BPU+ [email protected]
911 [email protected]

I actually beat him off the line and left him behind. About 1/8 mile he put about a half car on me. I started to reel him in quickly and thought I was about to pull ahead by the traps. Had it been a lionger race, I would have put some distance on him though. He was stock.

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
those 996's are pretty damn fast from the factory i had a chance to race one in my supra and i beat it but he held pretty good.

i dont know if you guys know the car but Jarrett Humphreys porsche of powerhouse racing was a bad mother i never got a chance to race him before he sold it.

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
a stock 996TT will get pulled by a BPU Supra on the rice gas. Done this several times. I've only lost to one and it had an automatic. I dunno what was up with that :dunno:

·
Registered
106 Posts
nice kill

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well guys, you'll be glad to hear my car wasn't running quite right above. the day after the race i developed a horrible miss in the mid-range.

i finally changed the coils last night, mid-range miss went away, but wow - the top end came alive. i must have had a slight miss on the top-end for awhile b/c, suddenly, the car feels much stronger up top.

so, hopefully, i'll see that turbo again sometime soon...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spring mod is in - boosts up to 21-22, falls to 17-18 by redline... before spring mod, fell to 15-16 by redline... when racing, i usually don't go to redline b/c of this...

·
Registered
482 Posts
MR2GUY said:
They should change their slogan to........

"Porsche - nothing ever comes close - except a Supra"
I have both a 1994 Supra TT and a 1991 964 Porsche Turbo and to tell you the truth " PORSCHE---THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE " not even displacement and if you have never driven one you won't understand :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts