Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally i have lost my first race...also was the most fun. I was leavin campus and i saw a dark blue vette roll by...followed him and when i was behind him at a light i could hear his car and it was LOUD AS SHIT. under very little throttle this puppy was roarin. Had stripes and was fucking awesome. So i finally got behind some traffic at a light and asked what the hell was in that thing and if it had a cam or somethin. He said oh yea. Finally we hit some highway and decided to do a 3 honk.

Now i have a passenger which sux...i wanted to kick his black ass outa the car cause ive been waitin for this matchup for some time now. so from 65 mph...i brake boosted to the best of my ability and on the third honk i suprisingly shot ahead by about half 3/4 a car. so right around 100 mph he was caught up dead even with me and then passed me at a steady pass as if someone was walking by a parked car...so i guess he walked me ha. we shut down around 130 cause of traffic and by the end of it he had about 2 cars on me. I came up and gave him mad thumbs up and he returned.

Fun fucking race...sorry for not vid

My Specs:

94TT Auto 83k miles

gt spec cat back
RMM downpipe
maxx air intake
greddy BCC
Greddy profect B SpecII (POS) @ 17psi
3330 plugs (need new ones)

Anyway had a good time...bet lots of people have had this encounter at some point

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Z06 with cams, surprised you got the jump those things have ridiculous amount of torque no matter how much you brake boost a Supra, also a Z06 with a cam/heads should pull alot more. Not flaming as you can see from my cars.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't want to go single just yet..so I would hate to run into a modded Z06. Did the Z06 have a passenger as well? Don't know but it should be really close if you kicked your passenger out the door and had a fmic as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no he didnt have a passenger...and also the reason i shot out a little at the start was i think he hesitated before womping it...it was clear that he woulda kept pulling i think....kick the passenger out...swap in my new 3330s and...Super AFC...and FMIC then would be dead even

Z06s are fucking awesome

S

·
0 Posts
I would love to own a z06...nice death.

How do BPUs do against bone stock z06s?

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
BowerDM said:
Well finally i have lost my first race...also was the most fun. I was leavin campus and i saw a dark blue vette roll by...followed him and when i was behind him at a light i could hear his car and it was LOUD AS SHIT. under very little throttle this puppy was roarin. Had stripes and was fucking awesome. So i finally got behind some traffic at a light and asked what the hell was in that thing and if it had a cam or somethin. He said oh yea. Finally we hit some highway and decided to do a 3 honk.

Now i have a passenger which sux...i wanted to kick his black ass outa the car cause ive been waitin for this matchup for some time now. so from 65 mph...i brake boosted to the best of my ability and on the third honk i suprisingly shot ahead by about half 3/4 a car. so right around 100 mph he was caught up dead even with me and then passed me at a steady pass as if someone was walking by a parked car...so i guess he walked me ha. we shut down around 130 cause of traffic and by the end of it he had about 2 cars on me. I came up and gave him mad thumbs up and he returned.
Nice run. Z's pull strong in 3rd gear. When I was BPU that is where I would get passed too. I have several friends with Z's and with a cam only some have made up to 427 to the wheels. I have also been in a Z with a MTI H/C package making about 450 to the wheels - it ripped!

Slap some juice on your ride and some sticky tires and the next run is yours :cool:

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
i pummeled a z06 hat just had an exhaust
-jt

·
Registered
170 Posts
HmoobSUPRA said:
I don't want to go single just yet..so I would hate to run into a modded Z06. Did the Z06 have a passenger as well? Don't know but it should be really close if you kicked your passenger out the door and had a fmic as well.
It wouldn't have mattered. An FMIC doesn't help much with stock twins, nor would a passenger have made a difference. A modded ZO6 needs a single turbo to smack it down. You would have a tough time with stock twins. Maybe a super strong BPU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts