Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the privelage of dusting a roush 427r last night.

I was minding my own business cruising the streets in 3rd when i heard the unmistakeable whine of a supercharger. I looked in my side mirror and here comes a mustang trying do a fly by and show me how fast his car is...wrong. I brake boosted in 3rd, waited for him to get next to me and proceded to ruin his day. we pulled through 4th, me pulling on him slightly the whole way.

I'm assuming he didn't have any mods so i guess that's not bad for a car right off the showroom floor. It did look nice to. lol

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
^ 435hp/400tq (flywheel). Low 13s, 108-110mph cars with an average driver. Easy prey for a solid BPU car.

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
^ 435hp/400tq (flywheel). Low 13s, 108-110mph cars with an average driver. Easy prey for a solid BPU car.
Low 13s in a 435hp Mustang? Um...get real :lol: :lol: :lol: A Mustang with light mods is a high 12 second car...One with 435hp is going to be deep in the 12s. Not saying that the kill is BS, but low 13s is pretty pathetic...that's more like stock. I can see if this was from a dig, but these guys were rolling. It's not hard to run a car with power like that from a roll.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Low 13s in a 435hp Mustang? Um...get real :lol: :lol: :lol: A Mustang with light mods is a high 12 second car...One with 435hp is going to be deep in the 12s. Not saying that the kill is BS, but low 13s is pretty pathetic...that's more like stock. I can see if this was from a dig, but these guys were rolling. It's not hard to run a car with power like that from a roll.
sources:

http://podcast.autoblog.com/2006/10/18/in-the-autoblog-garage-roush-427r/

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005/16837-1-4-mile-times-roush-427r.html

These are heavy cars making ~350rwhp. On non drag radial street tires (i.e. your impromptu street encounter like the one in this thread), they are low 13 second cars. Maybe they'd dip into the 12s at Englishtown LOL.

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
Um, I see them debating the times on that board. Again, a 350rwhp Mustang should be an easy 12 second car. Also, this is taking a dig in account. This race was done from a roll. Almost impossible to have driver error in a scenario like that...How can a Mustang with light mods run a 12 and then one with 350rwhp runs a low 13. That doesn't add up. Does Rousch put bricks in the trunk too?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts