Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of power difference can one actually feel with a single T78 Vs a BPU supra? How does it feel ? Does the power build fast with high torque? Can you feel the g-force pushing u back into your seat real hard? Just curious? At what RPM does it really take off?
Appreciate your response!:D :D

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did but did not get a good enough response so I reposted. Anyway thanks for your reply. It must be truly amazing!! As I feel the BPU has quite a bite!! I hope to get a single soon:D :D :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Randy you're in Bangalore ??? lol

I wouldn't be surprised since there was a Supra owner in Sri Lanka on the MKIV list.

And yeah, from my experience of owning a BPU Supra and riding in a T78 Supra, it's a big difference of power. Going BPU from stock is about 100RWHP change but going from BPU to T78 is atleast 200RWHP change.

Ash
'93 SUPRA TT BPU

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only screw up for me is that I have to order every part from Japan and pay a lot more for freight and local custom duty. I also trust only one guy who is pretty good as he takes care of a friends F-355, Aston Martin, Porsche, Skyline GTR and soon a Viper. Also there is so much traffic I can only use my car late at night and the weekends.:(

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Is it possible to run T78 with stock fuel line and stock IC on low boost like 18 psi? Is there a sense?

If not, please explain why.

Also, is it possible to put two stock IC instead of FMIC - I have active front spoiler and FMIC doesn't fit.

W

·
0 Posts
oh common Pete.. U should know better.. it's a really bad idea to run T78 on stock fuel (if you want a T78 you should not only have aftermarket fuel lines, but injectors, rail and stuff.. ), so when buying a big turbo multiply it's cost by two (well at least you've got the S-AFC..). As they say in MVP or any other place it's damn hard to run a T78 on low boost. I belive that you would have a lot of boost spikes especialy with your MBC thus a dead engine in no time.. I doubt that you would like to rebuild your engine once more in such a short time.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pete,
It is possible to run the T-78 wiht stock fuel. I'm running this setup with some fuel mods(will be doing a write up soon wiht pics). I have my Wastegate set to 14.2 PSI and I have never seen a spike, or the boost go over that set point. A couple people have ridden in my car who also own singles and verified under a couple highway blitz's that the boost NEVER goes about that 14.2 PSI amount. My stock twins spiked more in a week than this turbo set up in a month of redline 5th gear pulls. A couple others are running a T-78 and a TO4-R kits wiht 1.2 Bar and the cars are pretty happy(EGTS and A/F wideband tested). You do have to have self control though! No running up the boost with a boost controller because you think your ok.(that why mines in the engine compartment :) ) Do the proper tuning and take you time.

-TY
Happy T-78 supra owner :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts