Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran into one this afternoon... he took off from light, i didn't think he would, he's about 4 cars ahead, it took me to about 3rd gear to catch up. i'm obviously very impressed, totally unexpected, and i need to be a little more serious this time. suggest we go from a 20 - 25 roll...

doing 20 - 25 in 2nd gear, on 3 we take off, no brake boost, but i immediately pull about a car, shift to 3rd, pull another car or 2, shut down in 4th b/c we're there's a blind hill ahead (and he wouldn't stand a chance from that point...)

overall, about 3 cars from 2nd - 3rd gear roll... *VERY* impressed w/ the S2000... i couldn't believe it... the guy was super cool too...

him:
s2000, supercharged, ~ 2600lbs, he claimed 305rwhp (and i think the results prove it), suspension work.

me:
bpu++, fmic, untuned AFC (i run about 11.5:1 on the FJO)lightened flywheel, running some mix of 91 & 100, 18psi...

it's always nice to get surprised...

F

·
0 Posts
carendt242 said:
ran into one this afternoon... he took off from light, i didn't think he would, he's about 4 cars ahead, it took me to about 3rd gear to catch up. i'm obviously very impressed, totally unexpected, and i need to be a little more serious this time. suggest we go from a 20 - 25 roll...

doing 20 - 25 in 2nd gear, on 3 we take off, no brake boost, but i immediately pull about a car, shift to 3rd, pull another car or 2, shut down in 4th b/c we're there's a blind hill ahead (and he wouldn't stand a chance from that point...)

overall, about 3 cars from 2nd - 3rd gear roll... *VERY* impressed w/ the S2000... i couldn't believe it... the guy was super cool too...

him:
s2000, supercharged, ~ 2600lbs, he claimed 305rwhp (and i think the results prove it), suspension work.

me:
bpu++, fmic, untuned AFC (i run about 11.5:1 on the FJO)lightened flywheel, running some mix of 91 & 100, 18psi...

it's always nice to get surprised...
Nice race! Did he have some weight reduction? Because out of the factory they're 2800lbs

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't know... he said it weighed about 2600lbs... he definitely used it for the track so i wouldn't be surprised if he removed some weight...

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
xsentrixsupra said:
You're surprised you beat a SC S2000 with BPU++ mods? :scratch:
I think he was surprised that the S2K gave him a little competition not that he beat it.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
yeah ^

also I don't know how you an brake boost in 2nd gear in a BPU++ car.

In a BPU+ car if I hit it in 2nd the rear tires just break loose.

Unless you have wider tires and are modulating the throttle.

Nice kill, this guy that works with a buddy of mine has an S2K and thinks its the fastest thing on the road and has talked some shit before. My buddy invited him out tonight so we'll see if he shows up, hopefully he does so I can video tape his demise and see the expression on his face of him gettin owned :D

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I have seen a few supercharged S2000's at the local track. Im not too impressed, the best I have seen is low 13's. They can only run very little boost with there high compression, fragile honda engine.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
MRSUPRA said:
I have seen a few supercharged S2000's at the local track. Im not too impressed, the best I have seen is low 13's. They can only run very little boost with there high compression, fragile honda engine.
I'm in MD also and have seen a few run at the track. Low 13's after all the money invested :( Not very impressed, especially given their weight advantage.

C

·
0 Posts
Not to mention that an S2K LOVES to spin out on twisties and it runs such ridiculously high compression that you'll never make big boost without a TON of engine work, and you'll never fit wide enough tires to make it stable with a lot of power in a straight or twisty line, I personally hate S2000's because of how people drive them around here, like 240 horse is something when acura TL's make more.

·
Registered
136 Posts
S2000's suck ass at drag racing. That's why a supercharged S2000 only runs low 13's. If you want to drag race, get another car.

Cylinder Head: Why don't you get your facts straight before bashing a car.

F

·
0 Posts
Cylinder Head said:
Not to mention that an S2K LOVES to spin out on twisties and it runs such ridiculously high compression that you'll never make big boost without a TON of engine work, and you'll never fit wide enough tires to make it stable with a lot of power in a straight or twisty line, I personally hate S2000's because of how people drive them around here, like 240 horse is something when acura TL's make more.
ROFL are you kidding me? An s2000 will attack the corners with the best of them off the production line.

Where people get into trouble, is when they push is past it's VERY high limits. Then it tends to snap oversteer.. With that in mind, it's widely regarded as one of the best handling roadsters in the world.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Re: Re: bpu++ vs supercharged s2000

flyinmysup said:
Nice race! Did he have some weight reduction? Because out of the factory they're 2800lbs

Nice kill!

LOL my thoughts exactly, whats there to take out on a 2 seater roadster, 2835 curb + 165lb driver = 3000lbs. Something doesnt add up?? Or am I crazy? You should have killed him.

Whats FJO, sorry im ignorant.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GSXXXguy - i'm TTC, so traction isn't an issue in 2nd... i can brake boost to about 10psi and 'launch' rather nicely :)

SDC - the exact weight isn't the issue; he has a significant weight advantage and that's why he was able to do as well as he did. FJO = Wideband O2 sensor & dispay...

I was surprised the s2000 was that fast - i'm not familiar w/ them at all and i'd obviously never expect it to run like it did.

And keep in mind - i didn't get into 4th... i have no doubt that i would've pulled a few cars in 4th, and maybe then i would'n't have been so surprised...

- chuck

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
But still. I mean those SC'd s2000s are barely running faster than stock, seriously most of them are less than a second faster than stock. A BPU++ MKIV should be what? 450-490rwhp? Thats a slaughter, even if he was 900lbs lighter. We're talking 11 second car vs 13 second car. :confused:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i haven't been to the track, but 4th gear feels like my best gear... and it would've been 4-6-8 cars at the end of 4th if we had raced that long...

most BPUs w/ normal drivers are mid 12-sec cars w/ the occassional dip into 11s... i would classify myself as a normal driver..

i once read/heard that every 100lbs = 10hp... in theory, 900lb difference = 90hp... most BPU++s are 400-430hp... 450 w/ race gas.. definitely not 490... i had some 91 in the tank so unsure what the timing was like... and it was somewhat hot outside...

so... race from a 2nd gear roll through end of 3rd, 2-3 car lengths, no 4th gear pull... it all seems about right...

i'm happy - good race, cool guy, and i learned something new...

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Maybe im crazy, I thought BPU++ was making more power than that, I could have sworn I saw white lightning on ls1.com at like 480-490rwhp BPU ++. My bad.

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
even with a perfect launch the SCS2000 is only going to run 13 flat. I have seen it run over and over and over from a roll.... they are semi impressive.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts