Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BPU+ vs. 350Z TT

After giving a friend of mine a ride in my supra, he realized how much fun it was to have a turbo car, not to mention how much faster it was than his stock Z. To make a long story short, within a couple weeks his car went into the shop and the Jim Wolf Twin Turbo kit was installed. He just got it back last week.

We went to a car show this weekend, so we had the opportunity to do some highway pulls on the way home.

The TT Z puts down 399 rwhp and 364 torque @ 6.8 psi.

My supra is BPU with FMIC @ 16 psi.

Pull 1 we went from 65-110.

He got a slight jump at the start and that's the only difference in the race. He maintained that 1 car jump from there all the way to 110. I mangaged to just start creeping towards the end.

Pull 2 we went from 65-120.

It literally looked like we were parked next to eachother the entire time. All the way to 120 we didn't budge an inch. I've never seen a better match up. The only time anything shifted was during shfiting when I jumped slightly ahead when he shifted to 4th.

Needless to day, he was VERY exicted to know he was holding his ground with the car that convinced him to go turbo!

I will post video later tonight when I rip it off my friends camera :)

** EDIT **

VIDEO:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4088691#post4088691

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Not too bad for him, although he had to spend a LOT more than you mod-wise to get to that power level. Next time turn it up to 18 psi and hurt his feelings. :wtcslap:

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
he should have less HP and more TQ with that JWT @ 7 PSI .. i am not a fan of the JWT kit.. but good run.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
Not too bad for him, although he had to spend a LOT more than you mod-wise to get to that power level. Next time turn it up to 18 psi and hurt his feelings. :wtcslap:
wow hillarious.. you do realize a TT 350Z cost the same as a SupraTT when it was brand new right?

if we are going to get into the you spent more money on yours debate.. everyone would own a rusted fox body stang that runs 9's.

and if he is going to turn the boost up on his supra.. why can't the guy turn the boost up on his Z? :scratch:

·
Registered
572 Posts
what kind of boost can the 350z hold anyway? Is 7-8 psi the limit for that motor or can they be boosted higher?

·
Registered
934 Posts
low boost is all it can do in a stock Q.... u need forged everything in that Z or it go boom. the motor is actually very well designed, alot of JGTC teams are actually ripping out the RB for the Q in the GT Z cars because once its rebuilt and able to handle high boost, it actually puts out more torque.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
Sooco100pf said:
Wow they will hold 900 rwhp on stock motors? That's impressive.

built motors..

limit on stock motor is mid 500 whp... thats the VQ35 .. the stock limit on the VQ30 is 650 whp

·
HighCompression+Boost=Win
1,888 Posts
Ahh I see. Thanks, it sounded like they were putting those numbers down on stock pistons and rods at first.

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
His engine is completely stock, this turbo kit was a direct bolt on.

I'm very impressed with the car. The install was great too, everything is nice and clean.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
doug said:
wow hillarious.. you do realize a TT 350Z cost the same as a SupraTT when it was brand new right?

if we are going to get into the you spent more money on yours debate.. everyone would own a rusted fox body stang that runs 9's.

and if he is going to turn the boost up on his supra.. why can't the guy turn the boost up on his Z? :scratch:
Let him crank the boost on the 350Z and blow his engine. :faint: It's funny because you can do BPU mods so cheaply on the Supra, that was the point.

Also, let's see what the 350Z is worth in a few years. :takethat:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Nice kill :bigthumb:

I ran against a 350Z with turbo (not sure what kit, or if single or twin), nitrous (not sure the details on this either), and built bottom end at the track about a month ago. He did not do so well, lol.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
doug said:
You mean a 300zx TT right? :scratch:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts