Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track today and did a best of 11.53 at 116mph with a crappy 1.64 60ft. It was hot and I really couldn't get the car cooled off. Tony (TT_6spd_95) has a video hopefully he can post it for me within a couple days. It's not the best but it was good considering the heat conditions.

Setup:

BL auto w/ PI 3800
ETTC
17.6psi
stock intercooler

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
nice..

what tires???

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Jason,

VERY nice job on that run.:) I will try and get the video up for you, but not sure if it will be tonight or not.

Again...Very nice. :bigthumb: Now if you can get KCIR to net you a 1.55 60' you'll be good to go.:)

Take Care

·
Boost Junkie
12,670 Posts
Great pass! How do those MT's feel on the top side of the track. I put mine on yesterday-255/50/16s on FD wheels and it was kind of scary past 90mph.

Yea, it was hot today, that is for sure!

Steve K.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Tony, I got to the end and thought to myself.... Did I run in TTC or Sequential? When I checked the switch I realized it was a sequential pass. I then did another pass in ETTC and went a 11.66 w/ 166. 60ft at 116. Thanks for the video!! Can't wait to see your next pass.

Jason

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Steve, to answer your question. I have never noticed any problems maybe it's because you have a taller sidewall. I ran 17psi in my tires. What was yours around 18?

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Nice run :bigthumb:
Buying a nice built tranny with a TC would have been the next big move for my car...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the tranny helped however I have yet to run a faster time than on my stock tranny. The problem today was definately heat soaking.

Thanks Tony and everyone for the compliments

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Evill Supra said:
Great pass! How do those MT's feel on the top side of the track. I put mine on yesterday-255/50/16s on FD wheels and it was kind of scary past 90mph.

Yea, it was hot today, that is for sure!

Steve K.

steve do you make this stuff up? i have gone over 150mph with my 15 inch mt radials and they do not feel unstable at all...

back to the topic.. nice run considering you say it was hot out..

jay

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Good pass as always. I forgot to tell you earlier that I think the reason your ETs are consistant with your passes in TX even though your 60's are worse than in TX is possibly because the built tranny is shifting quicker. [out of breath after that long sentence]

Tony, did you film that on your Dick Tracy spy wristwatch? j/k :D

John H

·
Registered
388 Posts
How is the streetability with that converter???? Im thinking of doing the same thing to my BPU auto but I do a lot of street driving as well as track time. Would that be too high of a stall for daily use.?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
John H said:
Tony, did you film that on your Dick Tracy spy wristwatch? j/k :D

John H
Very funny.:) The video is poor quality because I do not have a direct connection to get the video straight onto the computer...I don't want to even tell how I do it, but I am sure you could guess.:)

How is your car running these days anyway? It sounds like you have a new goal in mind now.:)

Take Care

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
Very funny.:) The video is poor quality because I do not have a direct connection to get the video straight onto the computer...I don't want to even tell how I do it, but I am sure you could guess.:)

How is your car running these days anyway? It sounds like you have a new goal in mind now.:)

Take Care
So you're pointing your webcam at the tv screen while it plays? :wtflol: Since it sounds like you don't have a firewire connect on your camera, you could pick up a stand-alone video capture card pretty cheaply for around 30 bucks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ange=1&description=video+capture&InnerCata=47

It seems my car actually runs better now than at TX2K5 after changing my boost controler's Gain up from zero. What kind of goal does it sound like I have i mind? :)

John H

1 - 20 of 20 Posts