Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already have an HKS intake, and will buy a Greddy BCC and Greddy Profec-B, but don't know which exhaust to get. Wanna use a high flow cat if possible, or maybe install an exhaust cut-out for the track.

Any recommendation on what to buy is very welcome and requested (for any parts), didn't buy anything yet!

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
ddrum13:

Since you aready have an intake, the next thing you should buy is a catback exhaust. Anyone of the major brands will do, all depends on perference,(sound and how much you are willing to spend) GReddy BCC.
I wouldn't buy a GReddy Profec B yet, I would use that money to buy the downpipe. Either go with the RMM or Random Tech downpipe with hi-flow converter built in. I think Dusty is doing a group buy on them now.

talk to Dusty @ www.mvpmotorsports.com for more info.

Joey

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I agree, I still don't have a boost controller yet. I just bleed off the VSV and get very good results. I won't buy one until I go single. You've gotta get an exhaust and downpipe next and then save and go straight fot the FMIC. :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob,
Speaking of fmic's....did you get yours yet!?!

Damn - race season is right around the corner.

Jay

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Jay, I just got it Tuesday, 3 days ago and will put it in as soon as possible after 3/3 at Cecil, I want to see if I can set a personal best in the cooler air. I have never been at the dragstrip below about 75 deg. then I want to run again before it warms up to get a comparison. How is your search going for a new car?

Lester, since I never had a boost controller maybe I spoke to soon, but I have tryed the clamp method as opposed to bleeding off air at the VSV and saw no difference. Did your Type S make any difference in top end?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Rviscosi:
Jay, I just got it Tuesday, 3 days ago and will put it in as soon as possible after 3/3 at Cecil, I want to see if I can set a personal best in the cooler air. I have never been at the dragstrip below about 75 deg. then I want to run again before it warms up to get a comparison. How is your search going for a new car?

Lester, since I never had a boost controller maybe I spoke to soon, but I have tryed the clamp method as opposed to bleeding off air at the VSV and saw no difference. Did your Type S make any difference in top end?
bob, i'll let you know as soon as i get to drive it. #$%#$ snow!! ;) actually, the car is still up on stands, i need to weld the bov on first.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Rviscosi:

Bob -
I bet you can run some real good times...considering you 12.6 was in the summer heat!!!!!!
As for me - look for a new Single Turbo to be in my possession in the next 1-2weeks...wait to you see this one!

Jay

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Jay, you should come to Cecil whether you have it or not, it should be a good showing and you could help Lester keep track of time slips, he is coming to watch and record qualifying times. The list of people racing is at LS1.com under "The One That Didn't Get Away". We have over 50 cars coming now most in the Street class. Mark C. is coming with his T63 Auto. and will probably make some impressive passes w/o N2O(low 10's :eek: . I think he will win the Super Street class pretty easily. You can scout him out and see what you may be up against ;) when you get that PHR Single Turbo Auto. :)

[ February 23, 2001: Message edited by: Rviscosi ]

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't agree, the boost controller had a tremendous impact on my car, second only to the downpipe. i got all my low-mid range throttle response back which was a great improvement over that bleeder i had in there. peak boost was still the same but the boost controller allowed it the waste gate to stay shut longer and also eliminated a boost leak which the bleeder essentially is. The car didn't run as rich and i wasn't bleeding off necessary boost.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can get a cheap MBC from www.boostcontroller.com for $50, they work GREAT, but are hard to ajust.
Hi. I run BoostController.com. Grant, I assume you mean that the adjustment is sensitive? If so, I agree, it is somewhat more sensitive than the average MBC, meaning, a small turn of the adjuster can make a somewhat large difference in the setting. This is because of the stiffer spring used, which affords a wide boost range, from mild to wild. (I know of another MBC on the market that actually requires you to dis-assemble their MBC and switch springs... one for lower range, one for higher range.) The one I sell will let you go as low as your wastegate allows, and as high as your turbo and properly set-up system will allow.

If you meant something else by "hard to adjust" please let me know so I can investigate. Thanks. - Ted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts