1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Location: This video was taken near san diego by mexico. Freeway

Bike: Stock R6?
Car: supra turbo with race fuel 22psi stock twins 430 rwhp

Flagged him down. Couldn't get any runs on the streets so asked him to join on the freeway. He aggreed.
I am sure a lot of people are going to say he wasn't crouching well enough. But when we both gassed it i did start to pull him each time. Who knows speeds were 60-138 if i recall.

it doens't look fast, but if you watch carefully after i hit the brakes and go with traffic you see how slow 60mph looks.

whoops forgot the vid edited
Right click save me

·
Registered
379 Posts
I didnt see no race but i guess good kill.the video shows the bike and the supras cruising

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
You see that they are running pretty fast... they are not cruising... but the race dosen't last long... You see him brake like hell at the end, and if the other cars are doing 60, then they were going pretty fast ;)

Vilhelm

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I raced a R1 before....

60mph roll, i floor it first.
he gained quite a few car lengths.
100 he's still gaining car lengths
120 he's still gaining car lengths
135 he's still gaining car lengths
159 he's might still be gaining or it's dead even.

By 159 mph he had about 9-11 car lengths
But they do what [email protected] mph stock.

G

·
breakemlose said:
I raced a R1 before....

60mph roll, i floor it first.
he gained quite a few car lengths.
100 he's still gaining car lengths
120 he's still gaining car lengths
135 he's still gaining car lengths
159 he's might still be gaining or it's dead even.

By 159 mph he had about 9-11 car lengths
But they do what [email protected] mph stock.

:D

What were you driving ? a Yugo ?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
ive been lucky and have taken out some small street bikes.gsxr750,plenty of r6s,dont matter how u win as long as u win. some have been rider error and others didnt take me seriousand others just snooze and lose.granted bikes are fast but a car can win here and there.if u cant ride well or dont get a good start a bike can lose just as easy as cars do. in a perfect world with all things equal bikes will win most races.but evry once in a while u catch then sleepin or ge t a good jump on them .a chase is a race.but some people just bullshit too much and make up shit. no [good clear] video no real kill. i have no videos of me and a bike so dont believe me either.lol lol..im just another slow supra

G

·
some of your supra owners should let your grand mothers take your cars out and video tape races.. then you would have a taste of how us "other" bike owners feel :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
ive been lucky and have taken out some small street bikes.gsxr750,plenty of r6s,dont matter how u win as long as u win. some have been rider error and others didnt take me seriousand others just snooze and lose.granted bikes are fast but a car can win here and there.if u cant ride well or dont get a good start a bike can lose just as easy as cars do. in a perfect world with all things equal bikes will win most races.but evry once in a while u catch then sleepin or ge t a good jump on them .a chase is a race.but some people just bullshit too much and make up shit. no [good clear] video no real kill. i have no videos of me and a bike so dont believe me either.lol lol..im just another slow supra
First of all, I had decided to leave this thread alone because I do not derive any enjoyment from engaging in flame wars... And this is not intended to offend you or anyone else here… But how can you legitimately consider it a kill when you 'catch them sleepin'? According to that illogical justification, I have a lot of wins by way of the other vehicle choosing not to participate in a given race. However, that does not constitute a ‘kill’ as far as I am concerned. Your post makes it seem like you roll up on bikes and punch it – Then, if they don’t participate in the race you win???

Trust me when I tell you this… Most motorcycle riders – Especially those that ride modern sports bikes – Will not race a car simply because it is, for the most part, pointless. Even a 600cc sport bike will hand a BPU Supra its ass when ridden even semi-properly – Trust me!

And just for the record, I am not even going to discuss your GSX-R750 comment… Rest assured that there is no way my friend – You would need a lot more than 113 MPH traps to keep up with one of those!

Also for the record, what took place in the video posted earlier in this thread was not a kill by any means… The guy on the bike probably had around another 180 degrees worth of throttle at his disposal – If he wanted to end it really quickly he most certainly could have… Especially at those speeds (60-138 MPH)! Fortunately for his sake, he was smart enough not to engage in a full blown futile speed contest while in traffic.

Once again, I am not trying to ‘flame’ anyone here… But let’s be realistic here!

G

·
drift tt 23 said:

You sound like a real ricer to me !

You go around beating up people in wheelchairs too - and claiming victory?

:D

·
shortbus FTW
270 Posts
Might I add this, catching up to someone after having them kick your ass above your ear's 60 mph to 136 is not a win, you my friend are a fucking squid loser, I have a 00' R6 and in factory form I trapped the 1/4 on a regular basis at the track 136 to 138 mph and on my gixxer 1000 can do it anywhere from 142-152. I cannot belive the shit some of these people post... yes I started reeling in the guy who was wearing a t-shirt and shorts @ 140 mph on the freeway then passed him... it doesn't matter that it took me 15-20 sec to catch him I did it though!

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
NERVOUS said:

And just for the record, I am not even going to discuss your GSX-R750 comment… Rest assured that there is no way my friend – You would need a lot more than 113 MPH traps to keep up with one of those!
I'm not posting on anyways side or anything here, but his traps are much higher than 113, if you read it correctly it says hard braking, which he did at the end of the run to try to avoid being kicked out of the track, but he got kicked out anyway :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts