Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We plumbed the radiator with -12an lines, but I'm wondering if this was a mistake. We are having some overheating issues, but it could be air in the system, the elec fans, etc so I'm just trying to rule out the problem. Has anyone here plumbed their system with braided lines/an fittings and if so what size did you use? Any issues?

·
Just an old *******
2,550 Posts
Dave
It may not be apples to apples, because I am running alchohol, But I run -12 lines for coolant, through the head only. In fact the block is full of concrete, and the water ports in the head have been welded up, on the bottom. I have a hard time getting up to temp with a tiny radiator and no fans. Temp is 65 C at the highest in Floridas hot weather.

DaveH said:
We plumbed the radiator with -12an lines, but I'm wondering if this was a mistake. We are having some overheating issues, but it could be air in the system, the elec fans, etc so I'm just trying to rule out the problem. Has anyone here plumbed their system with braided lines/an fittings and if so what size did you use? Any issues?

·
Carma Performance
764 Posts
If you are refering to the upper and lower radiator hoses. I used a -22 for the lower and a -24 wiggins for the upper. The rest of the system was done with -8.

Erin

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have -16 on the top of the rad and a -20 to the water pump with no problems (v-8)

I think I would go up if I were you.

·
Boost Junkie
12,693 Posts
I've also seen the -20 used for the radiator plumbing. I wouldn't think the -12 could flow enough volume of coolant causing the radiator to get hot.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts