Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am looking to get a smaller battery for my car. I was looking into a Braille B3121 OR a Deka ETX30L. My question is, it seems to be good enough for the MKIV guys, but what about the MKIII guys? I have a 2jz swapped into my MKIII, and was thinking that since the MKIV battery has a cca of 575, that it would be ok for me since the engine is from the MKIV. My logic may be flawed though. haha.

Pretty much looking to know if the general consensus will be it should work or won't work, before I buy a battery.

-David

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
B2618 from Braille does not have enough starting AH.

Personally I would go with a PC1200 from Odyessy or stay with stock sized AGM style to avoid using a battery box in the rear.

DP

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,661 Posts
I use the Deka ETX16L in my MKIV, fires up fast as hell, no power drain when things are in use.
Its 17lbs I think, I leave it on a tender jr

However. Odyssey is amazing as well.

I run mine in the trunk in the Braille bracket since its the Braille 2317 version (sister company or something along those lines)
I do not see the need for a battery box with relocated AGM batteries. I go by SCCA rules so that might play a part

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The battery is located in a MOROSO box in the rear already. A stock sized battery won't fit. That is why I was thinking a braille or equivalent would be a good choice if it would work. I will look into an odyssey battery also. The box size is limiting me on what battery I can use. I don't really have the option to put the battery back in the stock location, as the IC piping and BOV are located ther now haha.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to sure why the pics showed up like that. But there is where the battery will sit, and what box it is in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts