Supra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Sound Awake
642 Posts
I just ordered the Braille 2015C!! I'm really looking forward to dropping over 30 pounds of weight from my stock battery - 46.6 lbs to 15.0 lbs!! I'll be sure to post up results after it's installed. :)

MIX

·
MONKEY TURBO FTMFW!!!!!
738 Posts
I just placed the order for my 2015 thru jegs as well as the universal mount kit, battery will be in the trunk so I didnt go with the carbon fiber one. ill install it this weekend

·
MONKEY TURBO FTMFW!!!!!
738 Posts
Battery came in today, already installed it. took me about 30 minutes to find a good place for it drill the holes for the J bolts and put the battery in . the terminals I have didnt fit so ill need to go get some different ones tomorrow as well as a 200 amp breaker, Ill post pics of it over the weekend.

·
MONKEY TURBO FTMFW!!!!!
738 Posts
Battery came in thursday, installed it and ran power thru the whole system had a few bugs to clean up but got it all done everything is operational gauges ,stereo, NOS, etc etc

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
I'm upgrading my alternator, twin E fans, and Twin Walbros + aftermarket Ignition = bad stock alternator.

The STI guy with the aftermarket stuff, well those STIs come wich a much higher output alternator than the soups, we had Mechanical fans.

·
No Longer that n/a 1j guy
571 Posts
I dont have experience with any of thse batteries at the moment but all these comments make it look promising.

LGP927- That is a very clean install in the trunk. I really dig it man.

·
MONKEY TURBO FTMFW!!!!!
738 Posts
I dont have experience with any of thse batteries at the moment but all these comments make it look promising.

LGP927- That is a very clean install in the trunk. I really dig it man.
Thanks man, so far I like it but in reality I havent really put it to the test, i want to get a battery tender so i dont have to worry about dissconecting the neg cable. once I get this car running ill report back

·
Sound Awake
642 Posts
Finally got some time to install my Braille battery. I purchased the 2015C along with Braille's aluminum mount kit. I replaced the main positive lead and relay panel wire with Stinger's 4 gauge and 10 wire respectively. I also installed some new battery terminal accessories while I was at it, courtesy of Rockford Fosgate.

I also reused the stock battery tray so I had something to mount to, rather than using the self-tapping screws in the body underneath the tray. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to Dremel off the part of the battery tray that overhangs past the body; maybe sand it and possibly paint it...or should I just leave it as it is. What do you guys think?

MIX

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
I had 2 PC925's completely fail in two years. The first one boiled on a trickle charge, it was replaced under warranty. The second one will not charge above 2volts, I took that shit out and threw it in the corner.

I put my original interstate battery that sat on a shelf for two years and it started right up without a charge.

Not sure what to do about boutique batteries.

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
i drive my car once a week with the braille battery in my sti. No problems at all. and this is in the hot humid new orleans weather. I have upgraded walbro pump, 500w amp, wb, boost gauge too

·
Extra medium
877 Posts
if your looking for a braille maybe look here first... http://www.tristatebattery.com/product_info.php?products_id=975 just buy that its the same thing as the braille 11lb i believe, although on that site they advertise it as a 8lb its 11 lbs weighed by me.

there are a few threads on a volkswagon forum i believe with more info if you google a little. I have this batter in my dd corolla, so I'm not sure if it will work with the supra, but i can find out if you all are interested.

regardless a lightweight battery for 67 dollars... cant go wrong.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Just picked up a braille battery from powerhouse racing. Will post pics and reviews up once installed. I do let the supra sit for weeks at a time.
Vic

·
Registered
525 Posts
I bought a generic pc680 a few years back when I had an FD. Wow these prices have gone up! I paid like $70. It worked fine it had the 660+- cca

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
So I've heard that the Deka batteries are just cheaper Braille's, but where the hell do you guys find the Deka's in the same size as the Braille? I don't really see them anywhere. Hell every other battery I see the cranking amps suck horribly.

Alex

·
MONKEY TURBO FTMFW!!!!!
738 Posts
quick update , battery has been on the car for a while with the negative cable off, only plugged it in a few times to ck the fuel pumps , bleed the ABS and ck the stereo, today the battery was dead. so I might have o run 2 batteries instead of one, i threw this one in the TL and im going to be using it so it stays charged.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Ah that sucks ass! I know you don't drive the car much so that might be a problem. Does that mean mine will be dead just sitting on the fricken shelf? God dammit.

I have a cheap trickle charger I got from Harbor Freight Luis. You can borrow it for a while if that thing is going to keep dying. I think it was about $10.

Alex

·
Registered
1 Posts
After owning 3 Braille batteries, including 1 Lithium, you'll be lucky to get 2 years. Hence why they have a 1 year warranty. My Lithium battery lasted 1 year and 3 months. Their products are garbage, stay away, they are just rebranded Deka batteries from the same manufacturer (East Penn Manufacturing). Their specifications are overrated, and the battery test sheets they send with the battery will show it. Just stay away, don't get pulled into their motorsports marketing bullshit.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts