Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully installed a brake bias valve? I have done some major upgrades to the suspension and brake system, and now the rears lock up way to early. This makes charging into corners VERY UNSAFE! What did you use, and where did you get it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Can you tell what upgrades you have done? It would benefit us all by knowing at what point the car becomes unbalanced as yours. Thanks.

·
deadbeat extraordinaire
449 Posts
just go to www.summitracing.com and search for "brake bias". they sell two models, one from tilton for $114 and one from wilwood for $41. a friend of mine installed one of those models on his oval track car and it worked great according to him.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Since you've done suspension work, is the car heavier on the front axle than it is on the rear now? If you have coilovers, that would explain the problem. You may also have the fronts too low in relationship to the rears.

Bottom line is your rear axle is getting too light in a braking situation.

L

·
0 Posts
Does your supra have ABS?

if it does, will these valves work with the system, or will it freak out? My guess is the latter.

If you don't have ABS, sounds like a great solution. Even better would be a way to adjust this bias 100% Front for burnouts...heheh...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts