Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Something cool
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an auto TT with TTC. When I try launching by pulling the E-brake holding the brake and building boost I only get up to about 4-5 lbs. It feels almost the same as just flooring it without building boost. Also It hasn't been building boost good from low speeds when I brake boost. Anyone know what might be up?
-Logan

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
It's because you're in TTC mode. When in sequential and you brake boost, you at least have one turbo spooling a bit lower in the rpm range. I can get between 7-10 PSI in sequential mode when brake boosting..

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The car will just bog off the line in TTC because the turbos can not spool sufficiently even while brake boosting from a stop. Switch it back to sequential if you want the low end of your power band back. Otherwise you will be outtorqued by minivans from 0-20mph.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
RRocket said:
It's because you're in TTC mode. When in sequential and you brake boost, you at least have one turbo spooling a bit lower in the rpm range. I can get between 7-10 PSI in sequential mode when brake boosting..
^ perfect.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
crossways said:
The car will just bog off the line in TTC because the turbos can not spool sufficiently even while brake boosting from a stop. Switch it back to sequential if you want the low end of your power band back. Otherwise you will be outtorqued by minivans from 0-20mph.
That's what I miss about the sequential setup. Of course, the small single is pretty nice when I get up to >3K rpm! :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts