Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hit my brakes, only my 3rd lamp illuminates, and in my dash I have a brake light failure warning light on. My fuses are good, and I have power to my brake pedal module and at application it sends power to the green white wire. I have no power to my green and white wire at my tail light. No issue with the running lights, turn signals, or reverse lights. I have heard that there may be an issue with my tail light failure module, however I don't know where that is located. Also, I've heard that my brake pedal module could be problematic and would only send power to my 3rd brake lamp, but don't know if that's the problem. I've recently replaced my steering wheel, could there be a chance that is an issue? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,556 Posts
Sounds like the Lamp Failure Sensor is the problem. It is located behind the trunk panel that houses the trunk light. Remove the rearmost trunk panel, then remove the panel that houses the trunk light. Behind it you'll see a purple or blue plastic tab. That's part of the LFS. Compress and push it toward the outside of the car, and the LFS will come loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the Lamp Failure Sensor is the problem. It is located behind the trunk panel that houses the trunk light. Remove the rearmost trunk panel, then remove the panel that houses the trunk light. Behind it you'll see a purple or blue plastic tab. That's part of the LFS. Compress and push it toward the outside of the car, and the LFS will come loose.
Thanks for telling me where it was located. I pulled it out opened it up and found a little corrosion. I was able to clean it up a bit and that took care of my problem. You the man!

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,556 Posts
Thanks guys. Glad I could help. MSF, out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts