Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
6M-GTE
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to fix my brake lights.. I've already changed the bulb, checked the wiring for voltage (theres a bit), changed the fuse, and now I'm down the brake light actuator connected to the brake pedal. does anybody know how to adjust this thing? its a massive pain in the ass to get at (have to take off the panel just over the pedals, then sorta crawl in on your back, and its a tight space) and I'm really not sure how to fix this.
I've already looked through my haynes manual and I can't find anything, so any help would be much appreciated..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, I had the orange light on the dash for several weeks - the one that indicates a taillight is out or something. All of the lights worked but I still got the damn orange light. Then, one night, I noticed that the inner bulb on the brake light was kind of dim. It wasn't very noticeable, but it was slightly less bright than the others. Popped of the bulb housing off and the screw that holds the bulb socket in place was loose and it was arcing, and not getting a good ground. Removed the screw, cleaned all of the surfaces, re-tightened it, and the bulb got brighter and no more orange light on the dash.

Not sure if this is the problem you are having, but might want to check it out.

Dale H
87T

1 - 2 of 2 Posts