Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I need a 1J!
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i washed my car today..i noticed that my brake lights were on...car is off nothing should be on...i unplug the lamp failure box and it goes out...my signals work with it unplugged..but my brake lights dont...either i drive with my brake lights on or off....it doesent turn on when i brake cause its already on.....can anyone help?

·
I need a 1J!
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant find it...and now my left brake light is out...seems like the jack that had the car before me messed with it..cause when i checked the wiring...it was all electrical taped and shit...

·
89 Turbo
373 Posts
Check the bulbs, if you have the wrong bulbs in there then they will stay on, happened to my bros 240 and friends RX-7.

·
I need a 1J!
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well..me and a few buddies came to the conclusion that it was the lamp failure box..so im heading to the junkyard on thursday to get that and a few other things....we'll see..til then...cant drive in the night time...

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
as soon as i read the title, i thought lamp failure box.

don't get a new one. just pop yours apart, clean it out off all corrosion, get a hot soldering iron, re-melt/solder all the connections on it and you'll be golden. i did it when i first got my car. when water gets in them, they short out. no need for a new one, though. you'll save yourself a couple pennies, too.

-shaeff

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
You could just pocket one and walk out... Wow what a DEAL! :D Only took me 2 minutes to install too! But for those of us who are against stealing things that small - See above post. :crossjerk

Oh and of course the obvious Shaeff rules!

·
I need a 1J!
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea...but i gotta find someone first with a hot soldiering iron...if i cant ill just pocket it at the junkyard...plus i wanna look for a few other things as well...but ill see...

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Everyone should have a soldering iron.

(Including you.)

Work on that. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts