Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
nah man. Im pretty sure they're off. If you press the brake, none of lights come on? What about park lights. If not, check your bulbs and fuses.

·
Registered
154 Posts
dude they look like they come on to me. check the light in the dash does it say they are out. mine was on but the bulbs were good so i changed the canister for the tail and they worked great.....Untill i got my new custom led tails :bigthumb:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Is it a wingless turbo? If it's NA there should be a third brake light that's at the top of the car on the inside. If that's not on, then the brake lights aren't working. Check to see if the brake light failure warning light is on in the dash. If you still can't tell, take the lights out of the hole in the trunk, and see if both filaments are illuminated on the brake lights (two middle ones). The most common problem is the relay, which should be really close to your driver side tail light.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oh, I see it now in the second picture. Yes, your brake lights are definately not working. Check the relay and the wiring that's connected to the brake pedal to make sure that they are working. If you have a (completely forgot the name of the tool) that you jump wires with, see if you can get the lights to come on at different locations to narrow down where a short might be. If you don't have an EWD, get one. It's like $16 from the dealer, and it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
413 Posts
$16 = Electrical wiring diagram
$5 = Tail lamp failure sensor

If you're getting the sensor on ebay, I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Cressida (I think that's the one, confirmation?) and will be cheaper than those listed for the Supra usually.

·
Registered
825 Posts
mine had the same problem but it was that yellow box that goes in the back by the taillights in the driver side. hope you get yours working right.

oh, and btw, nice avatar :bigthumb:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok well i replaced the bulbs today and i looked at it not pushin the brakes down, and both of the lights behind the red area are on at all times, shouldnt one be off and when i hit the brakes then the other comes on?...or should both of the bulbs behind the red area be on at all times?

thx about the avatar, thats my gf, lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
^^No dude, there are two filaments in each stop bulb. With parking lights on, one filament in each bulb is lit, and when you hit the brakes the second filament is illuminated. If there's no change in illumination when you hit the brakes, try changing the taillight failure sensor.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya, ordered on off ebay already, should be coming in in like 2 days, went to autozone, guy told me it could also be my brake switch, which im going to try to replace, but i dont see it, i know its under the brake pedal, but how far up is that ga damn thing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts