Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brake lines BURST! HELP!!!

So I was sitting in my car today pumping the brake pedal while it was running....and all of a sudden after the 3rd or 4th pump on the pedal, I heard a big POP and I looked under the car and there was brake fluid leaking out from the rear....so I crawled under the car and looked and right above the LSD diff there's a "tee" junction of the brake lines where they split apart and go to each rear wheel.....its leaking from there and something burst. Now my question is do I have to replace all the brake lines on the car front to back or just that tee union or something? My next question is, these SS brakeline kits you can buy for the mk3 are they to replace all the brake lines on the car or just where there's rubber lines? Is it expensive to replace the entire system of lines front to back??

·
tire killer
437 Posts
well you can repair just the damaged section if you have the bending and flairing tools.

the ss lines just replace the rubber lines. i have them on one of my cars and i can tell a difference. just a firmer feel to the pedal which i like.

-shane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts