Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should there be Brake fluid between these two, where they connect? The problem I have is who ever worked on this car last broke one of the pegs on the brake booster. So I noticed that there was brake fluid leaking from that corner. After taking the master cylinder off I saw that the brake booster uses a rod to compress the cylinder, but it doesn’t look like there should be fluid in that space between the cylinder and booster?

Thanks, Drew

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Sounds like yours is leaking. Should be no fluid on the rod side of the master cyc. (Rod is hooked up to your brake pedal, and pushes a piston in the master cyc that forces the brake fluid out to each caliper.)

If the piston seals are leaking, your going to see fluid coming out of the master cyc.

Just buy a remanufactured unit if you can, or a new one. (Does not have to be "Toyota" but get it from NAPA or some other source. (Likely all these parts are made by Asin anyway.)

Good luck.

D
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was afraid of. Im guessing that the lack of a nut on that corner caused the cylinder to cock a little when steping on the brake which I guess would have worn down the seals on one side from un-equal pressure. Fantastic :( this car is gonna be brand new by the time im done fixing stuff :bigthumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts