Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i have a 1994 jdm rz which has the big brakes. i am looking to service the brakes and wanted to know the master cylinder size. the markings on the cylinder are k14 and g84. i couldnt see g84 referenced anywhere. does anyone know what the g84 means?

·
Registered
Rejoined
48 Posts
I definitely don't know what the g84 means, but these people might...
It looks like they welcome questions which might be handy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchased a 1 1/16th inch bore (to go with the big brakes) brake master second hand. I've recently only started to strip it down so it can be rebuilt and fitted to my '96 JDM TT (which came without big brakes fitted). I too had looked for information on the markings on the front of the brake master to make sure I'd gotten a true 1 1/16th" and not just the 1" bore.

The brake master cylinder inside diameter can be determined from the markings on top of the cylinder, between where the two gromets and the base of the fluid reserviour are connected to the brake master cylinder. My original TT (but small brakes fitted) cylinder clearly has a "1" marked on top in this gap, and big brake kit master cylinder has " 1 1/16" stamped on it.

It may not be easy to see when in the car, but I'm sure you could see enough to determine if it's "1" or "1 1/16th".

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts

The image doesn't show all of what I'm talking about, but where the black seal is resting, underneath you can see the '1 1/..." section I'm talking about.

ps. that part number you can see isn't for the master cylinder rebuild, I've yet to track down the number for the 1 1/16th" master cylinder rebuild kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts