Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has changed the brake master cylinder. I need some instructions.
Is as simple as bleeding the lines, unbolting it and bolting the new one on? And then bleeding the lines again?

I couldn't find any info on mkiv.com

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Supra Member
1,821 Posts
I didn't bleed the lines the first time. Just unbolt, then bolt on, and bleed. Very little fluid comes out. IIRC, the manual shows a way to bleed after doing this procedure, but I can't quite remember and don't have the manual with me. I'm sure someone else here knows or has access to the manual. :)

G

·
GreenEggs248 said:
If anyone has changed the brake master cylinder. I need some instructions.
Is as simple as bleeding the lines, unbolting it and bolting the new one on? And then bleeding the lines again?

I couldn't find any info on mkiv.com

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

how much was the part?

G

·
The FSM suggests bleeding the master first. Basically, disconnect the two lines that connect to the master on the engine side, then have someone pump the pedal while you cover/uncover the holes with your fingers.

Jim

G

·
Check mkiv.com.

Although, if you're going to do a lot of work yourself, I highly recommend investing in the FSMs. Best tool in your toolchest for working on the Supra.

Jim

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have ordered the service manuals, but it won't be in for another three to four weeks. Can someone please scan in all the pages that I need for a complete brake master cylinder replacement(bleeding instructions, etc). I would really appreciated it. Or if I could borrow someones manual in the DFW area to copy the pages. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.