Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has changed the brake master cylinder. I need some instructions.
Is as simple as bleeding the lines, unbolting it and bolting the new one on? And then bleeding the lines again?

I couldn't find any info on mkiv.com

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
I didn't bleed the lines the first time. Just unbolt, then bolt on, and bleed. Very little fluid comes out. IIRC, the manual shows a way to bleed after doing this procedure, but I can't quite remember and don't have the manual with me. I'm sure someone else here knows or has access to the manual. :)

S

·
0 Posts
GreenEggs248 said:
If anyone has changed the brake master cylinder. I need some instructions.
Is as simple as bleeding the lines, unbolting it and bolting the new one on? And then bleeding the lines again?

I couldn't find any info on mkiv.com

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

how much was the part?

J

·
0 Posts
The FSM suggests bleeding the master first. Basically, disconnect the two lines that connect to the master on the engine side, then have someone pump the pedal while you cover/uncover the holes with your fingers.

Jim

J

·
0 Posts
Check mkiv.com.

Although, if you're going to do a lot of work yourself, I highly recommend investing in the FSMs. Best tool in your toolchest for working on the Supra.

Jim

J

·
0 Posts
I believe the only Supra imported in '93 was the '93.5 MKIV. You can check when ordering, though.

Jim

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have ordered the service manuals, but it won't be in for another three to four weeks. Can someone please scan in all the pages that I need for a complete brake master cylinder replacement(bleeding instructions, etc). I would really appreciated it. Or if I could borrow someones manual in the DFW area to copy the pages. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts