Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Unclipped Fury
767 Posts
ughh ok. jack up the car....take off the wheels....now you unbolt the caliper so they are off the rotors....then you take off the brake pads......then..you lube up the new ones with anti squeal shit...then you gotta compress the caliper piston...i use a c-clamp to do this which works well....once its compressed, you put the new pads in the caliper....then put the caliper back on the rotor, then tighten the caliper down....then put the wheel back on.

also read here

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/br/BR_01.html

·
Registered
91 Posts
supraman07 said:
hey! thanks! cause, now im going to surprize my dad when he get back! lol
surprise him in a good way or bad way.. lol he'll get into the car and find out his brakes dont work lol jp man

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I10O0I1 said:
surprise him in a good way or bad way.. lol he'll get into the car and find out his brakes dont work lol jp man
!lol! man he'll be pissed as i dont know what

but thats funny cause when i took it around the block i mashed the brake pedal and the pedal was touching the floor....i dont know whats going on man

·
Registered
91 Posts
supraman07 said:
!lol! man he'll be pissed as i dont know what

but thats funny cause when i took it around the block i mashed the brake pedal and the pedal was touching the floor....i dont know whats going on man
uh oh lol...

G

·
did you try bleeding the brakes to get all the air out. That is, if you detached the brake line. you probably got air in the lines is my guess

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok we got the freaken air out ----> CAN I GET A AMEN!

lol hex yea! but now its one more problem....when i was driving down the street i let off of the gas pedal and and mash the brake pedal to stop and my rpm's stayed at 4000 (i guess the accelerator got stuck or something) but i wasnt even touching the gas pedal at all.
so i put the car in neutral and turn the car off. then turned it back on. and rpm's shot straight back up to 4000+.

got dang, its always something.

·
Registered
527 Posts
supraman07 said:
ok we got the freaken air out ----> CAN I GET A AMEN!

lol hex yea! but now its one more problem....when i was driving down the street i let off of the gas pedal and and mash the brake pedal to stop and my rpm's stayed at 4000 (i guess the accelerator got stuck or something) but i wasnt even touching the gas pedal at all.
so i put the car in neutral and turn the car off. then turned it back on. and rpm's shot straight back up to 4000+.

got dang, its always something.
that happens to me too sometimes....somehow my carpet gets stuck under the pedal and holds it there.....could also be your throttle link getting stuck....wd 40 should fix that

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
You didnt take the brake line off of the caliper when you took the calipers off did you?

What i do is i keep a spool of wire handy for when i do the brakes, i tie one end of a length of wire to my spring and the other to the caliper so they just hang there and dont stress the brake line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts