Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best brake pads for our cars? Metal masters, auto zone life timers?

Ill be doing my brake system next week, and Im curious which pads I should buy? Im going w/ new rotors in the front, and getting my rear rotors machined...

cassio

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can I pick some of those up? whats wrong w/ metal masters?

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
cassio said:
where can I pick some of those up? whats wrong w/ metal masters?
Check your PM's in about 5 minutes!

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Metal masters are REALLY dusty and they tend to fade with even the slightest amount of pressure. If you do any hard braking even once, dont' expect to stop too fast. I've got Porterfields and rarely do I even see dust on my wheels and they stop VERY VERY well. I think it's about as good as you can get without going to a full big brake kit.

Check MVP's site for Porterfields bud. :)

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will the porterfields kill my OEM rotors? and on the SS website are they 85 for a full set, or just for the front, How much do they go for at MVP?

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what do you mean they melt? how fast were you going to make them do that?

·
AEM SP63
1,465 Posts
I use Porterfields and have nothing but good things to say about them. I've been making essessive stops from 130mph, it's held up pretty damn good and still holding strong. Trent, I'll need some pads pretty soon.

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
SupraMK3 said:
Yeah... what he said.
What they said...

I love the R4S's and in combination with upgraded brake lines, and rotors they're amazing. It's like night and day between the stock braking and this setup.

Watch out tho, I have noticed with mine I have to let them warm up with a few soft stops before they're at optimal temp to work.

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Another vote for Porterfield R4S... definately a kickass pad ;)

They work fine with OE rotors and dont eat through them I use my Porterfields with plane jane Brembo Rotors $40 each from nopi.com

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Check out EBC greenstuff. I used those on my BMW and LOVED them! no dust, at all! no fade either!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts